CrowdSupport®
harry28
Level 1: Cadet

Note 8 andriod pie update

Answered
When will be note 8 users are getting 9.0 oneui update?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Level 25: The Singularity
Accepted Solution

Re: Note 8 andriod pie update

Last word from Samsung indicated that it would be October 2019.
Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
11 REPLIES 11
Accepted Solution

Last word from Samsung indicated that it would be October 2019.
Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
AB1981

Really, October 2019? I feel like Android Q might be ready to roll out by then.
steveharis
Level 2: Rookie

I seen that the full Samsung Galaxy Note 8 Android Pie update is now rolling out in Eastern Europe to unlocked handsets. Someone from Eastern Europe may confirm that. Thanks
CorpSe

My brother has an unlocked S8 handset and already has the oneui update of Android Pie 9 on his phone here in Sydney Australia...to say we are going to get the update in October is more than likely wrong as reports on webpages has the update rolling out to Note8's in Europe (namely Bulgaria) as of mid last month...so why would we be getting it in October? seems a little slow and backward? https://9to5google.com/2019/02/15/galaxy-note-8-android-pie/

If you think you can or you think you can't, then you are probably right!

Samsung has updated their forecast since the question was asked in January and they brought the Note 8 forward to February. On the January list it was down for October.
Edwardseugen

I have seen it and it's awesome.
CorpSe

yeah, I've since seen that they have bought the release forward to February. (obviously, that was slated for last month) still, there is nothing at all on the horizon as far as researching through the device updates page goes ( https://crowdsupport.telstra.com.au/t5/Device-Updates/bd-p/Device-Updates ) and tab down to the Samsung note 8 in the drop down box, it shows an update from 3rd July 2018 as follows

Handset Model Number: SM-N950F
Operating Software: Android
Software Version: GB6+WT0, Build number: 06006
Update Type: Bugfix only
Update Testing Status: Now deploying
Estimated Available Date: 3/07/2018

clearly, Telstra is struggling to update any of its sites because they are probably focussing on the hurt from the NBN rollout.. just a guess, but our once premium service seems to be dropping the ball... I'd hate to have to look elsewhere for a better service provider! But I may just have to start crunching numbers!
azzalinko

Optus Note 8 handsets received there Pie update today and Vodafone's is in testing yet nothing on the Telstra update site, any updates Telstra ?

CorpSe

exactly...and I've taken this up with telstra on their facebook page! with a basic fob off
azzalinko

you get anything back on facebook? hoping we get the update the same time as most other carriers (this week)
azzalinko

I got the update today !

Telstra 24x7®

Take care of your Telstra services in one place with the Telstra 24x7® App for Android

Find out more
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now