Answered

I'm wanting to delete an unused folder in outlook please help

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
The-OG-Reece
Level 13: Super Sleuth
Accepted Solution

Re: Outlook Folders in Webmail

When Outlook is setup with your Bigpond/Telstra account using IMAP some folders from Outlook synch to webmail, and vice versa.
If you delete a folder from Outlook (by right-clicking it and selecting Delete), it may return next time the emails are synched.
There are certain folders that just cannot be deleted in Outlook though.  Same goes in webmail.

If your Outlook is setup using POP3 though, all folders are local and you can delete all of them with exception to the Microsoft Default Folders.   To do this, just right-click the desired folder and select Delete.

I need IDDQD and IDKFA in real life.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
2 REPLIES
Level 24: Supreme Being
Level 24: Supreme Being

Do you need to delete the folder in outlook, or webmail?

I am a Premium Services Support Consultant (Telstra Platinum, Telstra Smart Home, Locator/Device Locator and Neto POS). However, I am not an official representative on CrowdSupport.

IT Helpdesk and Technicial Support by Telstra Platinum
Smart Home Automation & Monitoring from Telstra
Helping Australians Find the Things that Matter Most with Telstra Locator
Run a Modern Retail Business with Neto Point of Sale
The-OG-Reece
Level 13: Super Sleuth
Accepted Solution

When Outlook is setup with your Bigpond/Telstra account using IMAP some folders from Outlook synch to webmail, and vice versa.
If you delete a folder from Outlook (by right-clicking it and selecting Delete), it may return next time the emails are synched.
There are certain folders that just cannot be deleted in Outlook though.  Same goes in webmail.

If your Outlook is setup using POP3 though, all folders are local and you can delete all of them with exception to the Microsoft Default Folders.   To do this, just right-click the desired folder and select Delete.

I need IDDQD and IDKFA in real life.

Samsung Galaxy Note9

The Camera. Reimagined.

Find out more