CrowdSupport®
La4
Level 5: Eagle Eye

Post paid Telstra sim card

Answered

I am on a post plan with Telstra and just want to transfer my sim card to a new mobile that I am purchasing.   Have been told its unlocked, its a Samsung Galaxy J3 model.   Do I just put my sim card in and all will stay the same except in a new phone or do I have to notify Telstra.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Level 22: Superhuman
Accepted Solution

Re: Post paid Telstra sim card

Hi La4,

You don't need to notify Telstra that you're charging to another mobile phone.
If the sim card that you're currently using is a Micro sim, you can just take it out of the mobile phone and put it into the Samsung Galaxy J3, as the J3 takes a Micro sim.
Everything will stay the same.

If the sim card that you're currently using is not a Micro sim, you can go into any Telstra store and they'll swap the sim card for a Micro sim free of charge and everything will still stay the same with your Account.
I am NOT a Telstra employee and never have been. However, I AM a customer who volunteer's my time in the hope to help someone with their question.
To show your appreciation to myself or another member, please click on the LIKE or mark as a SOLUTION for any post that you have found helpful on this forum.

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
6 REPLIES 6
Accepted Solution

Hi La4,

You don't need to notify Telstra that you're charging to another mobile phone.
If the sim card that you're currently using is a Micro sim, you can just take it out of the mobile phone and put it into the Samsung Galaxy J3, as the J3 takes a Micro sim.
Everything will stay the same.

If the sim card that you're currently using is not a Micro sim, you can go into any Telstra store and they'll swap the sim card for a Micro sim free of charge and everything will still stay the same with your Account.
I am NOT a Telstra employee and never have been. However, I AM a customer who volunteer's my time in the hope to help someone with their question.
To show your appreciation to myself or another member, please click on the LIKE or mark as a SOLUTION for any post that you have found helpful on this forum.

View solution in original post

La4
Level 5: Eagle Eye

Thanks a lot for that. Great help, know exactly what to do now

You're welcome Smiley Happy

Glad I could help with your question. 

Lazy_Frog
Level 2: Rookie

Should stay the same, I think! Smiley Happy

craihcummo
Level 1: Cadet

Thanks
Highlighted
Jennifer6211
Level 1: Cadet

@MyFedLoan wrote:
Thanks

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit
Find out more about direct debit and the Telstra 24x7 App ×

Avoid queueing up and never worry about late fees againSet up direct debit
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now