CrowdSupport®
Joshua20
Level 3: Gumshoe

S6 Loudspeaker

Answered

Got the Samsung S6, not the Edge.

Don't use it much for phone calls, but since the day we got it, about s week ago, I've had or made about 6 calls and the sound this end only comes out of the loudspeaker.

Look all over for a setting buggered if I can find it.

Samsung help line wasn't any help either.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Level 23: Superhero
Accepted Solution

Re: S6 Loudspeaker

Yeah there's that problem Yeldarb along with a host of others I'm afraid, but that's not what i think is the problem Josh might be experiencing.

Whilst most Android phones have a straight setting in audio or indeed in the phone app itself where you can switch from ear reception or loudspeaker, Samsung in their unique wisdom introduced there very own, annoying App called S-Voice, which can override bassic settings on a number of fronts. Why do phone manufacturers think they are software experts, heavens knows.

Anyway Josh, you'll see an app called S-Voice and it's widget, if you open that, then go to it's settings you'll see a sub-title,  Auto-Start Speaker, if that is ticked as on, un-tick it to turn it off. That should fix the problem. (See the pic below).

The app really is a dam nuisance and most people do away with it.

You can disable the S Voice feature on your Samsung Galaxy S6 if you don’t really care for the feature and use the standard Android features. Many users accidentally activate it by double-tapping the “Home” key and would like to prevent it from launching. You can turn it off with these steps:

1. Open “Apps” > “Settings” > “Application manager“.
  2. Swipe over to the “All” list.
  3. Scroll down and select “S Voice“.
  4. Tap the “Turn off” button.

or

1. Option “Apps” > “S Voice” or double-tap the “Home” button.
  2. Tap the Menu icon located at the upper-right portion of the screen.
  3. Uncheck the “Open via the home key” option.

The S Voice feature is now disabled and will no longer launch when you double-tap the Home button.

Let us know how you go trying that.

speaker.pngSignature.gif

If I have provided an answer, or posed a question that helps or interests you, your KUDOS vote would be appreciated Image and video hosting by TinyPic
If I or anyone has provided a solution, you'll help others if you mark our answer as the Solution The Ghoust Writers: STUDYING ABROAD

NB: I am NOT a Telstra employee, just another customer like you.

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
3 REPLIES 3
Level 20: Director

I did see this post about the speaker phone always going to car mode: http://thedroidguy.com/2015/05/samsung-galaxy-s6-most-common-problems-errors-glitches-how-to-fix-the...

Level 23: Superhero
Accepted Solution

Yeah there's that problem Yeldarb along with a host of others I'm afraid, but that's not what i think is the problem Josh might be experiencing.

Whilst most Android phones have a straight setting in audio or indeed in the phone app itself where you can switch from ear reception or loudspeaker, Samsung in their unique wisdom introduced there very own, annoying App called S-Voice, which can override bassic settings on a number of fronts. Why do phone manufacturers think they are software experts, heavens knows.

Anyway Josh, you'll see an app called S-Voice and it's widget, if you open that, then go to it's settings you'll see a sub-title,  Auto-Start Speaker, if that is ticked as on, un-tick it to turn it off. That should fix the problem. (See the pic below).

The app really is a dam nuisance and most people do away with it.

You can disable the S Voice feature on your Samsung Galaxy S6 if you don’t really care for the feature and use the standard Android features. Many users accidentally activate it by double-tapping the “Home” key and would like to prevent it from launching. You can turn it off with these steps:

1. Open “Apps” > “Settings” > “Application manager“.
  2. Swipe over to the “All” list.
  3. Scroll down and select “S Voice“.
  4. Tap the “Turn off” button.

or

1. Option “Apps” > “S Voice” or double-tap the “Home” button.
  2. Tap the Menu icon located at the upper-right portion of the screen.
  3. Uncheck the “Open via the home key” option.

The S Voice feature is now disabled and will no longer launch when you double-tap the Home button.

Let us know how you go trying that.

speaker.pngSignature.gif

If I have provided an answer, or posed a question that helps or interests you, your KUDOS vote would be appreciated Image and video hosting by TinyPic
If I or anyone has provided a solution, you'll help others if you mark our answer as the Solution The Ghoust Writers: STUDYING ABROAD

NB: I am NOT a Telstra employee, just another customer like you.

View solution in original post

Joshua20
Level 3: Gumshoe

Sir you should work for Samsung, you have saved my sanity and know more about their product than they do.

Now I like more than just the look of this phone. How stupid are they.

Thankyou

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit
Find out more about direct debit and the Telstra 24x7 App ×

Avoid queueing up and never worry about late fees againSet up direct debit
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now