CrowdSupport®
tim1954
Level 13: Super Sleuth

S6 security software

S6 comes with Intel security installed, that used to be mccafe, does anyone think it worth activating, or is it just more bloatware to slow phone down?

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
6 REPLIES 6
Level 23: Superhero

Re: S6 security software

That's a tough one. Android isn't as secure as say iOS and it more easily compromised both because of Google's lax Play Store approvals/testing process and also because of the ability to use 3rd-party stores to install software.

Our phones often contain more information about us than our computers, and we run Anti-Virus/Malware on those.
If you've found a solution then don't forget to mark that post accordingly.
If you think I've been of assistance to you please remember to let me know by clicking on the LIKE button.

Please note: I am not a Telstra employee and any posts or opinions are entirely my own and don't reflect any official company position.
tim1954

Indeed. I have lookout on handset but assume that if Samsung approved the other, then it should theoretically work best...

Or Samsung get a kick-back by installing one brand over another....

Use whatever you feel most confident using, and perhaps even google some comparisons.
If you've found a solution then don't forget to mark that post accordingly.
If you think I've been of assistance to you please remember to let me know by clicking on the LIKE button.

Please note: I am not a Telstra employee and any posts or opinions are entirely my own and don't reflect any official company position.
tim1954

Haha, there is that.... 😜

The mcafe is like Nortons that comes along for the ride on many new PC's with a host of baggage attached, if you're wise it's the first thing you boot off a new PC.

We've been, our household of andropid handsets, including Samsungs, use AVG free, it has several times picked up nasties and doesn't weight down your handset operation. It is especially good at scanning software or app up dates that come through from the google play store and has saved some heartaches on the grandsons phone. He's into all these free apps that have issues.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.antivirus

Signature.gif

If I have provided an answer, or posed a question that helps or interests you, your KUDOS vote would be appreciated Image and video hosting by TinyPic
If I or anyone has provided a solution, you'll help others if you mark our answer as the Solution The Ghoust Writers: STUDYING ABROAD

NB: I am NOT a Telstra employee, just another customer like you.
tim1954

Thanks Jeff, I tried macaff when it was still macaff and find it too unwieldy. So will ignore this one and stay with lookout, it got some apk thing awhile back..
Phone faster with the two updates...!

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit