Highlighted
wwfrock83
Level 2: Rookie

S7 Edge keeps freezing and rebooting

Answered

Hi,

Since having my phone for 24 hours, my phone has frozen & rebooted 20+ times, it happens in any app anytime, has anyone else got this issue? is this an issue with the OS?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
wwfrock83
Accepted Solution

Re: S7 Edge keeps freezing and rebooting

Thanks heartIikeasky,

Seems you were right, i went into the telstra shop tech bar over the weekend and told them everything i have done so far, cause it was less then than 30 days they replaced my phone on the spot, i have all the same apps installed on the replacement phone and its not crashing anymore.

Thanks for all your help

Cheers,

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
6 REPLIES 6
Level 23: Superhero

As you've noted there these devices have only been around for 24 hours, so reports of problems are few.

You might take a look at the details of fixes avilable so far for the problem.: http://recomhub.com/blog/galaxy-s7-keeps-restarting-itself-get-help-fixing-all-problems/

Signature.gif

If I have provided an answer, or posed a question that helps or interests you, your KUDOS vote would be appreciated Image and video hosting by TinyPic
If I or anyone has provided a solution, you'll help others if you mark our answer as the Solution The Ghoust Writers: STUDYING ABROAD

NB: I am NOT a Telstra employee, just another customer like you.
wwfrock83

Thanks Deanja,

I tried the fix below but it seems it hasnt fixed the issue Smiley Sad

Hopefully an update comes out soon to fix.

Cheers,

heartIikeasky
Level 6: Bloodhound

Hi wwfrock83                     

It is very likely that you may one of a very few unlucky punters that has a 'lemon'.

I wouldn't wait for a fix to come through as any software fix would need to pass through the Telstra testing process first(which can takes weeks or months in some intances).

If you are in a capital city, I would be going down to the Samsung Store located in the CBD and have them test the phone for you. Sometimes it could be as simple as a badly position SIM card or micro SD card - at worst they will reinstall new software into the phone.

wwfrock83
Accepted Solution

Thanks heartIikeasky,

Seems you were right, i went into the telstra shop tech bar over the weekend and told them everything i have done so far, cause it was less then than 30 days they replaced my phone on the spot, i have all the same apps installed on the replacement phone and its not crashing anymore.

Thanks for all your help

Cheers,

heartIikeasky
Level 6: Bloodhound

Good to hear that Samsung did the right thing.

NB: So that you don't go into panic mode with the new phone, there may be a tiny gremlin with accessing the camera. There are a number of posts on the net from users who get an error message when pressing the camera icon or accessing the camera through other apps.

Don't panic, I've experienced it as well. Not sure what is causing it, but I did notice that when I activated the "edge" functions the problem with the camera began.

Solution: Do a hard reset of the phone - press and hold the lock(start) button and volume down button for 7 seconds. This should reset the camera. You might have to do it 2 or 3 times. but it won't harm your phone.

My camera now operates without any glitches after the hard reboot was done.

Somersetpaulpc
Level 1: Cadet

Just in case it helps anyone, for two days I suffered the dreaded freze/restart/freeze problem with my S7 Edge. Did a factory reset, but that didn't work either. Eventually removed the Micro SD card. That fixed the problem. Appears it was corrupt.

Telstra 24x7®

Take care of your Telstra services in one place with the Telstra 24x7® App for Android

Download now
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Download now
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now