CrowdSupport®
Highlighted
PeterCB750
Level 2: Rookie

S9+

Answered
Hi, bit of a numpty question...just ordered the new S9+ online, currently have S7. Retaining current phone number, account etc. When the new phone arrives do I just take the sim card out of the S7 and put it in the S9+ and continue on happily?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Level 22: Superhuman
Accepted Solution

Re: S9+

PeterCB750,

Yes, that's correct. They both take a Nano sim, so you just take the sim out of the S7 and put it into the S9+ and be on your merry way.
I am NOT a Telstra employee and never have been. However, I AM a customer who volunteer's my time in the hope to help someone with their question.
To show your appreciation to myself or another member, please click on the LIKE or mark as a SOLUTION for any post that you have found helpful on this forum.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
7 REPLIES 7
Accepted Solution

PeterCB750,

Yes, that's correct. They both take a Nano sim, so you just take the sim out of the S7 and put it into the S9+ and be on your merry way.
I am NOT a Telstra employee and never have been. However, I AM a customer who volunteer's my time in the hope to help someone with their question.
To show your appreciation to myself or another member, please click on the LIKE or mark as a SOLUTION for any post that you have found helpful on this forum.

Hey @PeterCB750  in addition to what @Smiley3 posted, I think the S9+ has a function to transfer all of your information, photos, wifi passwords etc from the old phone to the new one directly, either by usb cable between the two phones or bluetooth.

Let us know what you think of the S9+

It looks smart.

If I've helped in some way, a Kudos would be appreciated.
Any opinions I express or advice I give are purely my own, and don't represent Telstra.

PeterCB750

Thank you folks for the quick responses. All good. Yes, samsung has a smartswitch app that transfers everything over. I used it when I upgraded to the S7 a couple of years ago, worked a treat.
Wait...another thought...would you need a sim card in both to do that, or would the transer work regardless...can't remember how that worked last time.

As @Wanglese mentioned the S9+ will come with a USB connector in the box. There should also be a piece of paper in the S9+ box showing you how to transfer content using the USB connector (it did for the S8). You'd plug the S7 USB cable into the S7, put the USB connector into the S9 then join them together.
This is how I transferred my content from an S6 to my S8 last year.

The S9+ will have some of the features of the S8.
You can have a read of my S8 review (if you already haven't done so), you might find some helpful tips and advice.
https://crowdsupport.telstra.com.au/t5/Device-Insider-Product-Reviews/Mobile-Insider-Samsung-Galaxy-...

Enjoy your S9+, I love my S8.
PeterCB750

Thank you Smiley3.

You'r welcomeSmiley Happy

I actually got my S8 box out to have a look at the USB connector. 

I saw the piece of paper that explains how to use the USB to transfer your content.

It does say, once you connect the two mobile's using the USB connector tap the Smart Switch icon, select content to transfer, then tap Import at the bottom of the screen to start transferring. Smiley Wink

PeterCB750

👍

Telstra 24x7®

Take care of your Telstra services in one place with the Telstra 24x7® App for Android

Find out more
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now