Highlighted
franki_667
Level 3: Gumshoe

Samsung Galaxy Note 10 Preorders

Who else has preordered the Note 10 Plus and is waiting anxiously for an update on when it will be dispatched? 

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
48 REPLIES 48
Level 25: The Singularity

Re: Samsung Galaxy Note 10 Preorders

That would usually happen the day before you are going to receive it.  So most likely Thursday. 

Plan notifications started going out today. 

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
franki_667

Thanks mate! They keep telling me my order is pending - they’ve made me submit the order three times but it’s still not moving out of pending. Is this normal for preorders? Just don’t want to miss out on the price discount 

@Jupiter wrote:

That would usually happen the day before you are going to receive it.  So most likely Thursday. 

Plan notifications started going out today. 

Normally it should move to In Progress status within 24 hours of the order being placed.

You haven't received a message asking for more information have you (ID, proof of income)? That should normally be the only thing that holds an order up.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
416sw
Level 1: Cadet

I got an confirmation email saying they would ring me. After 14 days I emailed enquiring about my order to be told it was cancelled due to a credit check. I've had a post paid account with Telstra for years and never been more than a week late with payment. I never received any notification about my order being cancelled. Not happy. 

Support Team
Support Team

Hi there.

This sounds like a pretty disappointing situation, I apologise that this has been your experience. You may want to discuss this in further detail with a mobile sales agent on 1800 676 642 or via Live Chat, or you might want to organise this in a Telstra Store.

Please let me know if you have any further questions.

-Kieran 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

hk1985
Level 2: Rookie

I placed my order on the 10th of August. Telstra apparently had an issue with their system and my plan went through but the pre order didn’t! Got confirmation of plan but found it weird the preorder wasn’t on there.

I have wasted hours on the phone and internet chasing this up with no luck. Have been given over 5 reference numbers over the last 2 weeks, and yesterday I was given another number and told it will all be sorted within 24 hours. Status doesn’t appear to have changed. 

Some personnel have come back to me with attitude when I am simply asking for a status update (I feel I at least deserve to know where the order stands?). I have complete transcripts and records of all online communication that took place including the initial order.  It seems to be an issue with ownership of the initial order and that only the staff member who placed the initial order can fix it, or so they say.

I have been with Telstra for years and my small business spends at times over $20k a year on Telstra. This is the first time I have ever truly considered wanting to completely move away from Telstra. Our NBN, DOT, Apps marketplace, mobiles, everything in both WA and SA, although this protest would be moot considering my business & loyalty means very little to Telstra anyway  

Support Team
Support Team

Hey hk1985,

I can appreciate your frustrations with the Pre-Order issues for this handset and apologise for any inconvenience this has caused you Smiley Sad 

With the reference numbers, you have received is there one starting with an SR that would have been raised with our Complaints team and have a case manager assigned to have this investigated and resolved further? If this SR reference number can be confirmed then we would be able to request further followup from your case manager asap. 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

Ebonymom
Level 5: Eagle Eye

I have preordered mine on 9th August and the my order status says that it is being back- ordered. However, weirdly enough I got an text message from Telstra last Thursday that it was meant to be delivered by StarTrack on Thurs 22 August but it will be delivered on Friday 23rd August. I checked the order status with Startrack but they could find any records under my Telstra order reference no.

I was bit worried and contacted Telstra last Friday - 23rd August and they confirmed that pre-order is still valid and it is simply back ordered. However, it is good to know that other people are in the same boat and you can buy it from Telstra Shop as well, which I didn't know.

Hopefully, we will get our Note 10+ soon. 

user who wants to help myself and others
hk1985

Hi DingoDan, no case manager assigned as far as I'm aware. 

SR 1-2171628302601

Support Team
Support Team

Thanks for the reply @hk1985

I have checked the reference and can see the complaint was created today. When you lodge a complaint, we aim to make contact within five business days and we will aim to resolve your issue within 10 business days. If it takes longer, we'll keep you updated on our progress until we solve it.

Please don't hesitate to keep us updated.

hk1985

Thanks!

Mummybusiness

So I went on 24/7 chat today about my pre-order I was told telstra didn't have enough stock to cover the volume of pre-orders they received and it would be 2-4 weeks before I would receive my phone!!!! I think telstra should do some kind of discount or gift for the inconvenience I pre-ordered so I would have it asap knowing my local store doesn't get much stock and they sell out quickly.!

Ebonymom

Just curious to find out when you preordered yours.

Thanks!

Jaydee_

I called today to ask when I will receive my phone as I went in to the store on friday to be told "you ordered the wrong color and we dont have any stock". I ordered mine on the 15 of August and they said they still had 350+ phone to allocate. Where are they then? I was told on the phone that the phones are stuck in Hong Kong and will be about a month until we get them. WHAT! A MONTH? Why pre order then? When I went in to the store the manager wasn't even sorry that they didn't have stock. No care for the customer at all. I have had so much trouble with telstra I don't know why I even started this contract with them.

I see they had the same trouble with the note 9 pre release. Seems to be that they couldn't organize a piss up in a brewery!

Jaydee
Mummybusiness

With the new contracts I will be waiting mine out and changing provides.

Jaydee_

I should have just got one from JB hifi and stayed with kogan mobile, I never had a problem with kogan and they are really good. 

A friend was in the store I went to today trying to sign up to a new contract, I told them to come with me when I left and got them to sign up to kogan mobile instead. They got a sim with 40gb and unlimited calls for $4.90 for the first month prepaid.

Jaydee
Mummybusiness

Pre-ordered on the 15th, I was wondering how early people ordered to actually get the phone. You ordered on the  9th and still didn't get one.

underwhelmed

I bet you don't get the headphones either, they'll also be magically out of stock.  If people went to the trouble of pre-ordering then they should have first preferences over selling in the stores.

Yang141
Level 4: Private Eye

“Should have”, but if it really is a stock issue, I would think they will take the pre-order customers as granted and prioritise the in store sales. Hoping I am wrong. Ordered on 15th and still no updates.

MarzBarz

Overall a poor customer experience Telstra.

I pre-ordered recently on the 19th August (granted it wasn’t long ago)

However, I thought the idea of a Pre-Order mobile was to:

1. Be amongst the first consumers to obtain the device (before the broader public)
  2. Secure a handset in case stock availability become exhausted after release date.
  3. Offer Telstra insight into potential sales/stock required (so Telstra also benefit from Pre-Orders)

Telstra allocated me x2 separate tracking numbers for my order (one in error).
Neither of which gives any tangible information except “PENDING”

I contacted Samsung directly who advised me stock is available at their stores!
If I had of known this I wouldn’t have bothered with a Pre-Order.

I’ve contacted Telstra 3 times to try and get an ETA;

1st time Telstra informed me 3 business days to receive the device
2nd time Telstra informed me 10 business days to receive the device
3rd time (complaint) Telstra advised me to check stock availability at their own stores

It felt I had to convince Telstra they should be checking on my behalf for stock availability and call me once they have an idea of ETA. Why should the customer have to do this (a pretty audacious request) – so Telstra informed me they will try to help find stock at a store (I’m currently waiting..)

I selected Telstra as they have a premium network. I just wish the customer experience was also premium.

Support Team
Support Team

Thanks for the post and feedback @MarzBarz

We strive for our service to match our network quality too and we are sorry we let you down in this area. 

A pre-order is a confirmed order for a new device that has not yet been released. It also means your new device will be dispatched from the release date. If the device you want is not in stock when you pre-order, we’ll prioritise your order in the queue. We’ll then dispatch your new phone as soon as new stock arrives. We’ll also keep you updated of your progress in the queue. 

I completely understand there has been confusion and frustration with different information being provided as to when you will receive your device. You have mentioned a complaint was lodged, were you provided with a reference number that begins with SR?

Yang141

I had the email saying will provide me with update if there is a delay, never happened. I had been calling Telstra and no one could tell me when my phone is going to arrive. Ordered on 15th, I just don’t understand how this works, who gets it first? 

Support Team
Support Team

Hi Yang141. 

If you’ve pre-ordered a mobile on a plan, use our Track an Order tool here.

To check your order status, you’ll need your order number which you should have received via email when you place your order and starts with "1-".

This will show the current status of your order. 

Let us know how you go. 

Regards -

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today
Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Kudo to the member(s) who helped you out

Yang141

Thank you for your reply, I was fully aware of how this order tracking works. And it is no difference from day one saying it is on back order from 15th Aug. I am giving up.

Support Team
Support Team

Thanks Yang141. 

Backorder means we are waiting on more stock of to fulfull all the pre-orders placed for a particular device. 

You can read here in more detail https://tel.st/j4qbj about what this means. 

As soon as we have more stock arrive, we will fulfull all backorders first. 

Regards - 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today
Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Kudo to the member(s) who helped you out

Jaydee_

I keep hearing the same bull crap lies from all of you. Just wait or it will be here next month. But other people can just walk in to a store and get one? Have you got a better answer then just wait? Can telstra admit they were wrong taking so many orders as they did and couldn't forfill them. It is really hard to find anything good about telstra on here or on social media because telstra is crap. 

Jaydee
opgmers

So did you get yours?

Because I had been told exactly the same but the store informed me otherwise.

MarzBarz

SR 1-2173210388364

Thanks

MarzBarz

Hey there. I'm checking on a daily basis but tracking still indicates "PENDING" so no luck with any ETA on the handset arrival yet :-(

Ebonymom

Same here. I preordered mine on 9th August and all I got from Telstra so far is a text message that it is on its way but not ETA. Whilst I am just waiting, my friends who preordered the same with Vodafone and Optus have received their phone & headphone last week....

I guess that we need to wait for the backorder but not giving any ETA, and just showing "Pending" seems to be very disappointing... 

Support Team
Support Team

Hi @Ebonymom, when you have pre-ordered your new device that has not yet been released yet, we will be dispatched from the release date. If the device you want is not in stock when you pre-order, we’ll prioritise your order and notify you once new stock arrives. I do apologise for any inconvenience and hope you receive your new phone soon! Please keep us updated on how you go. 

Ebonymom

Of course, all of us who preordered understand what it means and aware of the fact that preordered phones will be dispatched from 23rd August 2019 - official release date set by Samsung. Please note that most of customers who preordered are not impressed with Telstra service (as mentioned by the others in this forum several times) because: 1. Misleading or confusing text message sent by Telstra – in my case (the message was about my order being delivered by StarTrack on 22 August but it will be delivered the next day on Friday 23rd I called StarTrack and they have no records of my order in their system and asked me to contact Telstra). Including myself, various people in this forum had similar experience of getting unclear responses from Telstra without no indication whatsoever about ETA. 2. This is not my first time to preorder new Samsung Phones. I had done so with Vodafone several times but never had issues... They arrived couple of days after the release dates set by Samsung. The only time that I had to wait for long was for my husband’s iphone but they indicated ETA, and when it was delayed longer than the ETA, they waived the monthly plan charge with sincere apology. 3. The automated, generic responses which does not answer what customers are asking – ETA. It is Telstra’s fault that they did not estimate the order with adequate quantity, but they do not want to take responsibility for this. I do understand that customers can be demanding and restless but, in this case, I think customers who pre-ordered simply want to have ETA, and they did not say that they cannot wait. But some of your generic replies just don’t provide the ETA but rather insulting some of customers by explaining the definition of “pre-order” or “how to Track my order” when it just gives no other information but “back order” status.   We really hope that we can update Telstra on the status of my order as you mentioned but all of us on this forum so far can only say that we only know it is pending as "back order" since 9th August till now (in my case), except the gentle man who did so with Samsung directly and got the phone on Friday 23rd August. Please advise your supervisor or appropriate staff   that customers need to be informed about ETA for their orders.
Support Team
Support Team

I can appreciate your frustrations indeed and am sorry that we haven't been able to have this delivery date confirmed at the present time Smiley Sad I do have the following information on the Backorder process and what to expect with updates when the stock is to be prioritised at

https://tel.st/4s9bx

I can assure you as soon as we have had the stock received and allocated to your order then the reference number will be received via SMS and you can start the tracking of the delivery.

I hope that it will not be too much longer before this handset has been received. 

Ebonymom

@DingoDan 

I checked and read the information that you referred and not much of use for the customers who are eagerly waiting to know ETA.

As a working person who belongs to the large organization who are on or maybe lower level, I don't think that it is fair that you have to apologize for this, and I will stop here.

BTW, despite that the fact that Telstra had stocks received from Samsung, still no indication of ETA at all in order tracking system yet.

Baileyau

An Eta would be nice!

The update I received today via online chat regarding my pre-order was that there has been a delay with Samsung Note 10 stocks being shipped to Australia.  This is why Telstra currently don't have any available stock as of the moment and Telstra don't have any timeframe as of now when new stock will arrive.

So could be days, weeks.....

AlexKB

Has anyone got their phone yet? 

Samsung said they have them in stock so I don't know why Telstra can't provide an ETA. Telstra told me it was dependent on the number pre-orders and that they don't know how long because that is run by Telstra 'back of house' and 'no one has access to that information.' What I don't get is, the pre-order period has finished so how does Telstra not know how many orders they have to fill and why can't they provide an ETA?  I understand an ETA is only an estimate, but the fact we can't even get that is crazy given we could walk into a Samsung store and buy one immediately available. So frustrating. (I don't normally do pre-orders but my current phone Note3 is slow, no longer operates well and the battery dies quickly. So I'm not being impatient person with first world only problems waiting for 'the' newest shiny thing, I just want an ETA and I don't see why that request is unreasonable or impossible to be provided with).

Clearly Telstra have issues and instead of saying: "Sorry people, there is going to be a lengthy delay"  they are instead saying nothing at all (and making up the answers as they go when we ask for updates). This is really poor management. The leadership team can  manage this better. I feel sorry for all the Telstra customer service rep employees having to take all the questions when they have been given no answers by management. 

AlexKB

The pre-order period has finished. The release date has was last month August 23rd. People still don't have an ETA for a phone they can walk into other stores and pick up straight away. I was not advised the phone was on backorder not was I advised the phone will not be sent from the release date and I ordered mine in the last week of the pre-order period. The only thing I was advised was that I had to pick it up instore (where I ordered it) and that it couldn't be sent to us directly. Why on earth is it impossible for Telstra to provide an ETA? If the support team cannot answer this question (that is not your fault), but this question should be sent to management and raised as an issue that clearly all consumers who pre-ordered (with Telstra) are having, so that they can work on a way of providing it's customers with an ETA, ASAP. Otherwise, what is the point of pre-ordering if not to avoid 'out of stock / on backorder' issues? 

anilb

I also preordered note 10+ 5G on 15th Aug, and my order was approved on 18th Aug. While chatting with telstra agent, he told me that my order is not approved and I have to visit any store to pick up the order. I checked with all stores and none of them have it in stock. Its frustrating to follow up with Telstra

MarzBarz

Facts 
It’s the 4th of September 
Samsung released the phone on the 23rd of August 
People can walk into stores and purchase the handset over the counter 
No ETA from Telstra (17 days and counting)  - even more for other customers. 
Received a phone call from the complaints team yesterday asking if “I” had managed to check Telstra shops for stock (really?)

Questions
What is the purpose of a pre-order when customers can walk into a store and buy today
What is the ETA?
When will Telstra start valuing & communicating with their customers (at least with some useful information)?
Why is the complaints team asking me (the customer) to check stock at their own Telstra stores? 
This is a $2000 device. Why does Telstra expect their customers to follow up an ETA? 

Not Happy. 

MarzBarz

Facts 

It’s the 4th of September 
Samsung released the phone on the 23rd of August 
People can walk into stores and purchase the handset over the counter 
No ETA from Telstra (17 days and counting)  - even more for other customers. 
Received a phone call from the complaints team yesterday asking if “I” had managed to check Telstra shops for stock (really?)

Questions

What is the purpose of a pre-order when customers can walk into a store and buy today.
What is the ETA?
When will Telstra start valuing & communicating with their customers (at least with some useful information)?
Why is the complaints team asking me (the customer) to check stock at their own Telstra stores? 
This is a $2000 device. Why does Telstra expect their customers to follow up an ETA? 

Not Happy.

opgmers

Preordered Note 10 Plus 5G black model on the 9th.

I was told that mine would be dispatched by today but still in back order.

Telstra online store shows that the Note 10 Plus 5G 512GB Black model is available and will be delivered within 1-5 business days.

Very disappointing.

Ebonymom

At this point, no senior management in Telstra seems to care or rectify the mess..I never heard such a thing for pre- ordered customer to check the stock in Telstra shop.... 

Speechless....unless channel 7 or 9 news make news out of this, they might not do anything but if I were at the senior management staff who is in charge of this mess, it might be wise to do so before some news report is made on this......

Seriously considering about canceling my contract  at this stage......first time ever with Telstra and... the worst service so far.......

opgmers

Someone ordered Note 10 Plus 5G Aura Glow from Telstra on 20/08/19 and the order status changed from 'back order' to 'stock allocated'.

Check yours guys.

No luck with mine Smiley Sad

Ebonymom

I ordered Aurora glow on 9th but no change... still back on back order..

Yang141

It was so naive of me actually checked my order status again. I will get an update after I received the phone I reckon.

Baz16

Hi Franki,

You got no chance.

I am a business customer , ordered 3 times on line , to order Telstra offer, and 3 times orders have not been completed. 

Rang again today 5 times , one even flicked the call, 5th time only to be told ,order hasn't been sorted as yet because the person entering the order in the Philippines hasn't completed  the order correctly.

I have been told to go to a telstra shop instead, and told goo luck.

Telstra doesnt seem interested in looking after even business customer any more , as the company i think is owned by overseas  party and Not Telstra Australia as we are led to believe here.

Good Luck 

MarzBarz

All, 

Thought I would write an update regarding my delivery status.

I ordered the Note 10+ (Aura Glow)

Received a Telstra email advising that the handset was being dispatched.

Upon further checks it appears the handset is in transit due to arrive the next 2-3 days.

I hope others have also received confirmation their new devices are in transit or an ETA at least.

Cheers

Ebonymom

Thank you so much for letting us know. Mine is still at the stock allocated. I did order the exactly same model on 9th August. 

Telstra 24x7®

Take care of your Telstra services in one place with the Telstra 24x7® App for Android

Download now
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Download now
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now