Highlighted
TaylorC
Level 1: Cadet

Samsung Galaxy Note 5 Oreo Update

I have heard the Oreo update is rolling out for Note 5. Any word when Telstra will deploy it in Australia? https://www.express.co.uk/life-style/science-technology/924800/Android-8-0-Oreo-Samsung-Galaxy-S8-S6...

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
5 REPLIES 5
Level 25: The Singularity

Re: Samsung Galaxy Note 5 Oreo Update

If it is updated, it will be a fair way down the list. Samsung usually produces the updates chronologically, so the S8, & S7 series phones will be ahead of the Note 5.

The S8 was supposed to be in the 1st quarter of 2018, the S7 in the 2nd Quarter, so the others most likely won't see it until July or later.
Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
TaylorC

That's ok I remembered my phone is Unlocked so hopefully I'll get it sooner..! Good to hear it's rolling out anyway..!

No. You will still have to wait until the newer phones are updated. That's how Samsung does it (to encourage people to upgrade to a newer device).
Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
TaylorC

Yeah I get that, but I'll get the update before Telstra rolls it out with their bloatware...!

Telstra doesn't add anything except for the 24x7 app anymore. The only things that slow it up are the testing on the network and emergency services calling functionality (which has been stuffed up by carriers - notably Sony - in the past).

Telstra 24x7®

Take care of your Telstra services in one place with the Telstra 24x7® App for Android

Download now
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Download now
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now