Highlighted
SueCaddy
Level 1: Cadet

Samsung Galaxy Note 5

Answered

Will Telstra be getting the Samsung Galxy Note 5?

What plans will it be available on and what price?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Level 23: Superhero
Accepted Solution

Re: Samsung Galaxy Note 5

Good afternoon Sue, good question and I'd lay odds the answer is , yes Telstra will have the Samsung Galaxy Note 5

With Samsung still to officially announce the new Note, expected to be announced 13th August, there's a lot of conjecture about the so called leaded specs and details about the new note.

I have a note version one, yes the first one out, nearly 5 years old and until recently never missed a beat. Been giving me a few headaches reccently however, so Im also intersted to see how the new one looks.

As to price if and when Telstra announce stocking, no doubt they will open up a pre-order system for it and declare their pricing at that time.

Be patient.

Signature.gif

If I have provided an answer, or posed a question that helps or interests you, your KUDOS vote would be appreciated Image and video hosting by TinyPic
If I or anyone has provided a solution, you'll help others if you mark our answer as the Solution The Ghoust Writers: STUDYING ABROAD

NB: I am NOT a Telstra employee, just another customer like you.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
3 REPLIES 3
Level 23: Superhero
Accepted Solution

Good afternoon Sue, good question and I'd lay odds the answer is , yes Telstra will have the Samsung Galaxy Note 5

With Samsung still to officially announce the new Note, expected to be announced 13th August, there's a lot of conjecture about the so called leaded specs and details about the new note.

I have a note version one, yes the first one out, nearly 5 years old and until recently never missed a beat. Been giving me a few headaches reccently however, so Im also intersted to see how the new one looks.

As to price if and when Telstra announce stocking, no doubt they will open up a pre-order system for it and declare their pricing at that time.

Be patient.

Signature.gif

If I have provided an answer, or posed a question that helps or interests you, your KUDOS vote would be appreciated Image and video hosting by TinyPic
If I or anyone has provided a solution, you'll help others if you mark our answer as the Solution The Ghoust Writers: STUDYING ABROAD

NB: I am NOT a Telstra employee, just another customer like you.
Level 22: Superhuman

Hello Sue,

There is some discussion if the Note 5 will have a removable battery  and provision for an SD card (either/or)

JB HiFi are currently selling the Note 4 Edge for $897 outright, they say is $300 off, in their catalogue issued 30th July until 12th August.     I have a Note 4 Edge, and already is an excellent phone, and you certainly can change batteries and use an SD  card.

Just a thought to consider.

Having worked over the years for a actual manufacturer for many years, I am not a fan of buying from the first batch.

I would prefer you to wait for 3 months in case there are any issues in the initial product release.

If you are buying outright, prices inevitably drop after they sell to the "early adopters" at full maximum price, then prices are lowered, at least once,  and quite substantiallyjust before the model is replaced viz-a-viz the Edge Note 4 now $300 less at JB and possibly elsewhere.   That is my best advice, and of course the decision is yours.

There has been some discussion on SamMobile  http://www.sammobile.com/

Best wishes.

A "Like" is always appreciated. If my advice is a solution, please mark it. I'm not a Telstra employee.
50 + years exp. in radio comms., eg mobile phones since 1963, two-way radios, base stations, antennas & pagers. One of my mottos: "Believe in yourself, and you can accomplish anything".
SueCaddy
Level 1: Cadet

I'm aware of all that, and don't buy last years model anything.

Telstra 24x7®

Take care of your Telstra services in one place with the Telstra 24x7® App for Android

Download now
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Download now
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now