TomSheehan
Level 1: Cadet

Samsung Galaxy S10 5G Speaker Randomly Activating During Phone Call

Hi, 

I've recently received my Galaxy S10 5G handsets. After setup I placed a phone call and the speaker phone became active during the call. The speaker symbol was not selected when I checked, I could hear the other party on the call via the handset speaker however they call not hear me. I pressed the speaker symbol (noting that the call was still active) and then pressed it again to resume the call off speaker.

The handset has been semi-regularly doing this whilst I've been on phone calls. It's been on calls I've made and call received by the handset. The issue has occurred with other Samsung handset models based on various forum articles. Ref the following...

https://forum.xda-developers.com/galaxy-s8+/help/samsung-s8-speaker-automatically-phone-t3619275/pag...

Suggested fixes haven't worked. I've performed a factory reset which hasn't corrected the problem  Anyone else had this issue? (appears firmware related???) 

Thanks in advance. 

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
1 REPLY 1
Support Team
Support Team

Re: Samsung Galaxy S10 5G Speaker Randomly Activating During Phone Call

Hey TomSheean,

I'm sorry to hear that the fixes you have attempted haven't resulted in this being fixed on your handset Smiley Sad 

I would recommend having the handset taken in for evaluation at a store to see if this would need to be sent off for further evaluation at the National Repair Center. You can get the location and contact details for the stores in your area via our locator at 

https://tel.st/4xpu2

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Telstra 24x7®

Take care of your Telstra services in one place with the Telstra 24x7® App for Android

Download now
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Download now
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now