CrowdSupport®
sippa83
Level 2: Rookie

Samsung Galaxy S7 - Nougat Update

Hi,

This has been asked a lot but I have 2 galaxy S7 phones, 1 has updated to 7.0 and has had several updates since and the other phone simply has not received the update to 7.0 it is still 6.0. This phone was a warranty replacement phone from telstra after the original phone was faulty.

Why can't it update to 7.0?

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
8 REPLIES 8
Level 25: The Singularity

Re: Samsung Galaxy S7 - Nougat Update

You may need to use Samsung Smart Switch if the OTA update is not working. I am assuming you have been in to settings and told it to check for updates.

The Samsung Smart Switch website is located here.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
Level 20: Director
Level 20: Director

Have you tried trigering a manual update?
I am not a Telstra employee, so all opinions are my own, I have been around Telstra products a long time and have a reasonably strong general tech knowledge. .
sippa83

Yeah tried manualbupdate many times....just tells me phone is up to date with a 6.0 build
sippa83

Please explain the smart switch and why it could be causing the issue?
sippa83

Would a factory reset work? Would be a PITA
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

@sippa83

Welcome to CrowdSupport.

Previous commenters aren't suggesting that Smart Switch is the cause of the problem, but are making a recommendation to use Smart Switch to complete the software update if OTA (Over The Air) isn't working for you.

Have you checked out the Smart Switch Website to see how this works and what steps you will need to take?

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

sippa83

Yeah had a look at smaet switch. Same same no update available through it either

What is the current firmware version that the phone has (the one that isn't updating)?

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit