CrowdSupport®
GymNerd
Level 2: Rookie

Samsung Note 10+ 5G Software update 11/11/19

I had a software update today N976BXXS1ASJ6/N976BOXM1ASJ2/N976BXXS1ASJ8

Security patch level: 1 November 2019.

Since this update this morning my phone is switching from H+/3G/4G/5G constantly. 

Download speeds through a speed test are much lower than usual (usually around 48mb down and 20mb-40mb up) Today i'm getting .29 down and .88up. 14.9 down and 1.96 up.

All apps are slow to load data and websites data is slow. (Wifi is turned off and just running mobile data)

Phone was purchased on a Telstra plan through online. As far as I know Telstra isn't upgrading towers in Newcastle (Mayfield) NSW yet, so possibly a glitch with this update?

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
4 REPLIES 4
GymNerd

Re: Samsung Note 10+ 5G Software update 11/11/19

Level 25: The Singularity
Level 25: The Singularity

I applied the update this morning as well and haven't noticed any problems. Still getting 200Mbps+ at home in Morwell (Vic) on 4G and almost 500Mbps on 5G at Southern Cross Train Station on Platform 15.

Maybe reboot the phone and see if that fixes the issue.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
GymNerd

Rebooting was the first thing i tried but thanks for the suggestion
GymNerd

I have tried raising the matter to telstra.
1st operator: there is an outage
2nd operator: (next day) there is an outage, wait no there is emergency maintenance

3rd operator: there is maintenance that is due to be completed 17th november

4th operator: there are bushfires..... (i explained that there was an outage due to be completed by 17th november, it is now 20th november, i am nowhere near bushfires and this is only service affecting in my home suburb) ..... "telstra will give you credits for the days you are affected"

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App and direct debit ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more

Avoid queueing up and never worry about late fees againSet up direct debit

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now