Highlighted
TIGERrufus33
Level 1: Cadet

Samsung S10+ 4g

Answered

I note that Telstra are going to be offering a free upgrade for the Samsung S10+ 4G to Samsung S10 5G if you return it to telstra within 21 days of it being released. Why is it only the Samsung S10? Your paying more on your contract for the Samsung S10+ does that mean when the Samsung S10+ 5G comes out they will do the same offer? or will telstra lower the bills for the devices to a Samsung S10?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Level 24: Supreme Being
Accepted Solution

Re: Samsung S10+ 4g

Samsung aren't releasing different variants of the 5G like they have with the 4G.

It will be just the S10 5G, which is replacement for the S10+, the screen is bigger again then the S10+ and a further improved camera.

Essentially there will be 4 S10 models in total.

S10e 
S10

S10+

S10 5G

If you check the page here it shows the differences between the 4 options and the screen sizes.

https://www.samsung.com/global/galaxy/galaxy-s10/specs/

It is pretty much they are only offering what Samsung have decided to manufacture....

Helpful Links

Internet not working or outage in your area? - Check the Outage page for details and troubleshooting.
Help with an account issue? - LiveChat 24x7 support
View Usage, Bills and more - Check it out on MyAccount

Previously worked with a Telstra Partner however I am not a Telstra Employee, just a fellow customer helping when I can.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
6 REPLIES 6
Level 20: Director

So let me get this straight Telstra are offering a free upgrade to the new 5G device by taking your old USED device and giving you a NEW upgraded device and you feel you should also receive a discount on your bill? Are you serious?
I am not a Telstra employee, so all opinions are my own, I have been around Telstra products a long time and have a reasonably strong general tech knowledge. .
Accepted Solution

Samsung aren't releasing different variants of the 5G like they have with the 4G.

It will be just the S10 5G, which is replacement for the S10+, the screen is bigger again then the S10+ and a further improved camera.

Essentially there will be 4 S10 models in total.

S10e 
S10

S10+

S10 5G

If you check the page here it shows the differences between the 4 options and the screen sizes.

https://www.samsung.com/global/galaxy/galaxy-s10/specs/

It is pretty much they are only offering what Samsung have decided to manufacture....

Helpful Links

Internet not working or outage in your area? - Check the Outage page for details and troubleshooting.
Help with an account issue? - LiveChat 24x7 support
View Usage, Bills and more - Check it out on MyAccount

Previously worked with a Telstra Partner however I am not a Telstra Employee, just a fellow customer helping when I can.

TIGERrufus33

Trying to work out why its only S10 ...but somebody has answered the question already.
Support Team
Support Team

Hi TIGERrufus33,

The Samsung 10 5G** is the first 5G enabled device Telstra are offering. Smiley Happy

More information is available via https://tel.st/lyg5s.

**Edited**

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Brent1982

How, as a telstra employee, can you provide such wrong information. The S10+ is not 5G enabled at all. The S10 5G is its own model. Don't confuse these people even more
Support Team
Support Team

That was a typo error on my part, I do apologise Brent1982, this has been corrected.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Telstra 24x7®

Take care of your Telstra services in one place with the Telstra 24x7® App for Android

Download now
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Download now
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now