CrowdSupport®
Level 2: Rookie

Samsung S10 intermittent data dropouts

Upgraded to an S10 (not plus) from a Note 8 last week and while it's a great unit, I've been getting data dropouts 1-2 times per day. At the time the app or page will stop working and swiping down the quicksettings panel to toggle Mobile Data off and back on again seems to correct the issue, however I shouldn't have to do this. They are mostly random, however there is a correlation with them occurring in the city (Perth). This could be because I spend most of my time here, but I don't recall suffering a dropout elsewhere. I have experienced dropouts while travelling in a car, in an elevator and sitting at my desk. I have a Spigen Hybrid Air case, but the dropouts occurred prior to receiving the case so I don't believe it has impacted the signal at all. I didn't have any of these problems with my Note 8.

I've done a little research online and it appears that some of the US variants have had dropout issues, however these would be snapdragon based devices so the problem is not likely to be related.

Power Mode: Optmised

WiFi/Bluetooth: On

Network Mode: 4G/3G/2G (auto connect)

Anyone got any advice as to why this may be happening? It's quite annoying as you can imagine.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Support Team
Support Team

Re: Samsung S10 intermittent data dropouts

Hey Gonadman2, thank you for your post.

I am sorry to hear of these dropouts. We did have some service troubles in CBD areas earlier in the week, so this may not be the handset. These issues have since been resolved, were you still having troubles yesterday/today? If so, give our faults team a call on 13 22 03 and we will investigate.

Thank you.
- Ryan

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Highlighted
Level 23: Superhero

Suggest you do a Network Reset if still having problems
If I have helped you, a "Like" would be appreciated.

If my advice is a solution, please acknowledge it.

I'm not a Telstra employee.
50 + years exp. in radio comms., eg mobile phones since 1963, two-way radios, base stations, antennas & pagers. Expert in current Telstra Go repeaters & smart antennas.
"Being 75 years of age, entitles one to be an expert at everything!!"
Highlighted
Level 2: Rookie

I haven't received any further issues with the phone so I'm going to chalk this one up to an unfortunate coincidence of a new phone and some unforeseen network issues. Thanks for following up everyone. Phone has been great!

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit