CrowdSupport®
Highlighted
CameronRossM93
Level 1: Cadet

Samsung S6 Edge broken screen

Hi everyone, 

I have a Galaxy S6 Edge and recently just had an iPad try to murder my Samsung by falling on it and cracking the screen from a 5cm drop.

Now I've read other posts about having to send it to Samsung to get it replaced, it's literally only the screen that is cracked, LCD is perfectly fine and all. 

I'm currently on a New Phone Feeling plan with Telstra.

So how do I go about fixing this?

Thanks in advance.

Cameron.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
4 REPLIES 4
Level 24: Supreme Being

Re: Samsung S6 Edge broken screen

If you have StayConnected, the StayConnected team would be a good place to start.

If you do not have StayConnected, as it is not a warranty repair you would need to take it into a Telstra Store and have them send it away, or visit a Samsung store, and they would be able to repair or replace it for you, however it is likely that it will have a cost associated.
Helpful Links

Internet not working or outage in your area? - Check the Outage page for details and troubleshooting.
Help with an account issue? - LiveChat 24x7 support
View Usage, Bills and more - Check it out on MyAccount

Previously worked with a Telstra Partner however I am not a Telstra Employee, just a fellow customer helping when I can.

CameronRossM93
Level 1: Cadet

Thanks for your help,

Do you know if they'd give a loan phone? I can't be without one as my phone is used for my business.

Most of the Telstra Stores do have loan phones, however they do have limited numbers of them so if at any point they have a lot of repairs they might have none in stock.
Helpful Links

Internet not working or outage in your area? - Check the Outage page for details and troubleshooting.
Help with an account issue? - LiveChat 24x7 support
View Usage, Bills and more - Check it out on MyAccount

Previously worked with a Telstra Partner however I am not a Telstra Employee, just a fellow customer helping when I can.

Level 20: Director

In addition to the sound advice provided by @DrQ, I can tell you now that you're looking at some serious dollars to have that model's screen replaced. It's probably a good idea to insure such devices with a policy that covers accidental damage.

Kind regards,

Hit the Kudos button if you have found my contribution helpful and please mark Accepted Solutions where applicable.

Other than being a customer, I have no affiliation with Telstra Corporation Limited, and all opinions expressed are solely my own which may not necessarily be mirrored or endorsed by the company.

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit