Highlighted
Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

Samsung S6 and S6 Edge - Pre-order FAQ - Read This First

Why didn’t I get my Samsung S6 alert emails?

We try our best to keep you updated if you subscribed to email alerts

Sometimes they get filtered as spam, so check your email spam folder and add us as a contact. You may need to re-register to get the latest updates, go to: https://www.telstra.com.au/eoi/keep-informed/index.cfm

Can I get a Samsung S6 or Samsung S6 edge on a 1 year contract?

No, all Telstra contracts are for two years. But you can opt for a NEW PHONE FEELING OPTION. Go to: https://www.telstra.com.au/mobile-phones/plans-and-rates/new-phone-feeling

Can I buy the Samsung S6 Galaxy and Samsung Galaxy S6 edge from a Telstra store?

Yes, but it’s available here first. You can also secure your Samsung Galaxy S6 and S6 Edge by pre-ordering.

Stores will have limited stock. But whatever you do, don’t pre-order and then purchase in store because you’ll end up paying for two phones.

How many can I order?

Residential customers can order one phone per order. Business customers can order up to two phones per order. You can place multiple orders if you require more than one handset for residential accounts and more than two handsets for business accounts (subject to your eligibility criteria).

Can I pre-order online and pick up in a Telstra Store?

We arrange delivery directly to your preferred address and currently are not delivering to Telstra stores for collection. Please ensure you are the account holder and have 100 points of ID when our couriers deliver your new Samsung Galaxy S6 or S6 edge.

I want to change the colour of my handset

Once you’ve ordered your new Samsung S6 online, your order has been finalised. You’ll need to cancel your existing order and then place a new order. Plus, your new colour will be subject to availability.

I want to increase my data, how do I do that?

You can increase your data online via our website.

Alternatively, you can download our Telstra 24x7 app from the app store. You can increase your data pack using our app and have access to other great features such as access to your services, bills and account details.

How do I track my order?

You can track your order online at https://sttrackandtrace.startrack.com.au/

Please make sure you have your order number handy (SBS123456). Please search with this order number in the ‘Search Reference” field.

Capture.PNG

If you do not find any details it just means that your order has not been dispatched from our warehouse yet. Dispatch will be done once we receive the stock from Samsung, this is usually 1 day before launch.

I’m a new Telstra customer and want to bring my existing number with me. What do I need to do?

We will manage this with your existing phone company. Once you’ve received your order, please complete the activation process by https://say.telstra.com.au/customer/general/forms/activate-your-mobile

Please have your Welcome Letter handy when you activate as we will need information that is on there.

IMPORTANT: Due to high demand, transferring/porting your existing number may take longer than usual. 

I want to change my plan but I’ve already placed my order

Once you’ve placed your order, it’s already in progress and will require a cancellation and placing of a new order. Your new order will be subject to availability.

Pre-Order Sold Out? How is it possible?

We only have limited stock available for pre-orders so make sure you get your order in quick as we have a we have a First come First Serve policy.

I've been a Telstra customer for years and I unfortunately don't have any of the 3 required IDs (Australian passport, Australian driving licence and Blind Citizen Card). How could I pre-order without needing these forms of ID otherwise? n.b. I'm a permanent resident of Australia.

Sorry but currently we require at least one of these ID’s to achieve a 100 point ID Check to confirm your identity.

I have set my Samsung S6 and Samsung S6 edge to be delivered to an Australia post parcel locker, is this okay? I know that you use star track and they are apparently accepted at the parcel lockers because they are owned by Australia post.

We do not offer delivery to post office boxes, only residential or business addresses. All deliveries require an ID check by the customer unless it is sent to a Business Address that is eligible to receive secure goods. If you would like delivery to be sent to a Business Address; The Business Name must be entered in the delivery address when the Online Order is done.

Do I need a new SIM card? I'm upgrading from a Samsung S3/4/5, will my SIM card fit the Samsung S6 and Samsung S6 edge?

The Samsung s6 and Samsung S6 Edge use a Nano Sim so you will require a new SIM card if you are currently using a standard or micro SIM card size.

How do I trade in my old handset? I couldn't find a link anywhere.

You can trade in your old handset and redeem your New Phone Feeling but this is only available in our Telstra Stores currently.

What are the delivery timeframes?

All orders should be received within 2-10 Business days from Friday 10th April. We will try our best to get the order to you on the launch date but please wait the 10 business days before contacting Telstra.

How long does it usually take for a Samsung S6 and Samsung S6 edge order to go from in progress to the next stage?

We usually process all orders within 24 hours from when you submitted it. During periods where we experience high volumes, this can take a little longer. Orders will progress to a complete state once your handset has been allocated to your order. You will receive an email confirmation when your order has been dispatched and can track your delivery online at https://sttrackandtrace.startrack.com.au/

EDIT: The S6 and S6 Edge are now available online here and here respecitively. 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help

Samsung Galaxy Note9

The Camera. Reimagined.

Find out more