CrowdSupport®
Highlighted
khatru
Level 2: Rookie

Samsung S8+ 8.0.0

Answered

I have had no Bluetooth password dialogues come up since Oreo update.

This is causing faulty pairing of devices.......ie: the devices are pairing without the password.

The problems caused are:

No Bluetooth audio from incoming phone calls on the devices

Flaky  Bluetooth media player controls........sometimes they work....sometimes they don't

I vaguely remember a similar problem back on my S4 Mini after an update

I have reset the phone but no luck....Please help!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)
Accepted Solution

Re: Samsung S8+ 8.0.0

@khatru

It seems that Google has acknowledged a problem that was identified in developer versions of the software, so a fix should be on it's way.

Please note, that while Telstra does test some versions of software before release, this is only to ensure smooth connections to the Mobile Network and does not include peripherals such as Bluetooth.

You might be wise to contact Samsung to report any troubles that you experience with the software, however, you might also benefit from a few other troubleshooting steps.

You've mentioned that you've reset the device, and unpaired and repaired your devices.

Some additional things to try are:

Clear Bluetooth cache and data

1. Open device Settings followed by Applications.
  2. Wait for the apps to load and then tap the 3 dot menu present at the top right corner. Select “show system apps”.
  3. Scroll down and tap “Bluetooth Share”.
  4. Open it and tap Storage.
  5. Then tap “Clear Data” and “Clear Cache”.

Reset network settings

1. Go to device Settings and tap System.
  2. Under System, tap Reset followed by Network Settings reset.
  3. On the next screen, tap Reset Settings.

This will reset all your settings related to Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, and mobile data.

Reboot into safe mode

If Bluetooth works properly in safe mode, then it means that a third party app is causing problems.

1. Press and hold your device’s Power button.
  2. You will get a pop up for “Power off”. Touch and hold the option Power off.
  3. You will get another pop up “Reboot to safe mode”. Tap Ok.
  4. Your device will restart and go to Safe Mode, which is identified by “Safe mode” text at the bottom of screen.

To leave safe mode, simply restart your phone again.

I hope these steps help.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
4 REPLIES 4
Support Team
Support Team

Hi khatru,

Thanks for reaching out. Sorry to hear about this issue, have you tried unpairing all devices to see if this resolves the issue?

Please let me know.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

khatru

Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)
Accepted Solution

@khatru

It seems that Google has acknowledged a problem that was identified in developer versions of the software, so a fix should be on it's way.

Please note, that while Telstra does test some versions of software before release, this is only to ensure smooth connections to the Mobile Network and does not include peripherals such as Bluetooth.

You might be wise to contact Samsung to report any troubles that you experience with the software, however, you might also benefit from a few other troubleshooting steps.

You've mentioned that you've reset the device, and unpaired and repaired your devices.

Some additional things to try are:

Clear Bluetooth cache and data

1. Open device Settings followed by Applications.
  2. Wait for the apps to load and then tap the 3 dot menu present at the top right corner. Select “show system apps”.
  3. Scroll down and tap “Bluetooth Share”.
  4. Open it and tap Storage.
  5. Then tap “Clear Data” and “Clear Cache”.

Reset network settings

1. Go to device Settings and tap System.
  2. Under System, tap Reset followed by Network Settings reset.
  3. On the next screen, tap Reset Settings.

This will reset all your settings related to Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, and mobile data.

Reboot into safe mode

If Bluetooth works properly in safe mode, then it means that a third party app is causing problems.

1. Press and hold your device’s Power button.
  2. You will get a pop up for “Power off”. Touch and hold the option Power off.
  3. You will get another pop up “Reboot to safe mode”. Tap Ok.
  4. Your device will restart and go to Safe Mode, which is identified by “Safe mode” text at the bottom of screen.

To leave safe mode, simply restart your phone again.

I hope these steps help.

khatru

Thank You DeltaSquad

I have done step 2 & 3, but in step 1.....I don't have a Bluetooth Sharing app....Only a Bluetooth, which i have cleared before.

I find that if the devices beep when connecting.That everything will be OK.

But if there is no beep.Then music will stream from phone but media controls on the devices will not work.

It amazes me that i can play music if there is a connection problem.

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App and direct debit ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more

Avoid queueing up and never worry about late fees againSet up direct debit

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now