CrowdSupport®
Highlighted
Pqkikler
Level 1: Cadet

Samsung S8 Bluetooth Dropping Calls

Answered
So the most recent telstra software update flashed to my Samsung S8 OTA in late August and ever since I have nothing but issues keeping a call connected over Bluetooth with a headset I've had for years that works reliably on all my devices.

I will be halfway through a call and the phone just takes the call back through the speaker, despite displaying that it is still connected to Bluetooth.. Then pressing the Bluetooth audio button in the call screen twice reconnects it but this happens on every phone call I make..

Extremely frustrating and I cannot roll back to the previous version which means I have to wait until someone realises there is a problem and fixes it..

Do you test updates before you roll them out telstra?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Level 25: The Singularity
Accepted Solution

Re: Samsung S8 Bluetooth Dropping Calls

They don't test for functionality like that, just for connectivity to the Telstra network, emergency calling and the likes. Couldn't test for the numerous different Bluetooth headsets even if they wanted to.

I would recommend doing a soft reset (doesn't delete your info, but does force a clean start of the drivers), by holding down the down volume button and the power button until it vibrates and restarts.

If that doesn't fix it, report the problem to Samsung. They will need to fix it if it is a problem with the firmware (Telstra doesn't write or modify the firmware, Samsung does all of that).

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
1 REPLY 1
Accepted Solution

Re: Samsung S8 Bluetooth Dropping Calls

They don't test for functionality like that, just for connectivity to the Telstra network, emergency calling and the likes. Couldn't test for the numerous different Bluetooth headsets even if they wanted to.

I would recommend doing a soft reset (doesn't delete your info, but does force a clean start of the drivers), by holding down the down volume button and the power button until it vibrates and restarts.

If that doesn't fix it, report the problem to Samsung. They will need to fix it if it is a problem with the firmware (Telstra doesn't write or modify the firmware, Samsung does all of that).

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.

View solution in original post

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit
Find out more about direct debit and the Telstra 24x7 App ×

Avoid queueing up and never worry about late fees againSet up direct debit
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now