CrowdSupport®
Highlighted
Baeowuf
Level 1: Cadet

Samsung S8 Pie Update?

Answered
Does anybody know the roadmap for the release of Android Pie for the Samsung SM-G950F?

Is there a beta site for this or is there a non-Telstra copy I can use for testing reasons for app development?

Thank you.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Level 25: The Singularity
Accepted Solution

Re: Samsung S8 Pie Update?

According to Samsung, it is due to be released around March 2019 for the S8 globally.

You would have to contact Samsung about whether there is the ability for developers to get a copy as they develop all the firmware. Telstra only test it for network compliance just prior to release.
Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
10 REPLIES 10
Accepted Solution

According to Samsung, it is due to be released around March 2019 for the S8 globally.

You would have to contact Samsung about whether there is the ability for developers to get a copy as they develop all the firmware. Telstra only test it for network compliance just prior to release.
Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
CorpSe
Level 2: Rookie

I don't know the road map, but I can assure that the unlocked versions of your phone here in Sydney already have it pushed to their phone as of late last month...my brother has an unlocked phone and has shown me his phone is at Pie 9 ... very jealous... so it would all depend on Telstra testing and releasing the update...I know for the note 8 that it shows nothing on the Telstra website yet it had been released to note 8's in some parts of Europe
If you think you can or you think you can't, then you are probably right!
alapatv1

While most of the world got it, we Australian who paid the highest price for s8 compared to rest of the world (thx to taxes that are humping us) still waiting for update. I have a unlocked and still samsung want to push updates same time as carriers. Great going
deadcat

Europe have had the update for a month now 😥
Mitcho1989
Level 11: Detective

Optus has indicated they're rolling the Pie update out now (some Optus users have confirmed today that they're getting the update now).
Vodafone has indicated today that they're testing the Pie update now.
Telstra? No word of anything related to the Galaxy S8 since a security patch from July 2018, even though we're currently on the January security patch... Bit of a joke.
Support Team
Support Team

Any information we get about updates will be published on our Device Updates page here:

https://tel.st/f9w9f

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Cpt_Soban

Software Version: R16NW.G950FXXU2CRF7
Update Type: Bugfix only
Update Testing Status: Now deploying
Estimated Available Date: 25/07/2018

That software update page, also needs an update btw
Gunnar777

Just be thankful you're not in Canada. The s8/s9/s10 are wayyyyy more expensive there.
JScrizz

So Optus has the update.... and now so does Vodafone.

How long for Telstra hmm?

Usernamex1139
Level 2: Rookie

Telstra contracted S8 updated to Pie tonight. (Vic)

Telstra 24x7®

Take care of your Telstra services in one place with the Telstra 24x7® App for Android

Find out more
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now