CrowdSupport®
Level 11: Detective StrayaM8
Level 11: Detective

Samsung S9+ dead pixels

Answered

Tried to look for an answer on google, however information has been quite hard to find, surprisingly, maybe my google-fu is weaker than thought.

I have a Samsung S9+, which I dropped a few months ago (Had a case on but it was a cheaper flimsy one)

A very small crack appeared, on the side, which over months and months has grown to cover the surface area slightly larger than a 10c piece. This is fine, I can always get the screen repaired, my main concern is dead pixels in a splotchy pattern growing along and immediately around the cracks.

These dead pixel splotches are now growing exponentially faster, covering now almost double the surface area the cracks are. 

Would a screen replacement fix this issue as well or is this a software/hardware issue?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Level 25: The Singularity
Accepted Solution

Re: Samsung S9+ dead pixels

A screen replacement will fix the issue, it is just the damage propagating across the screen due to stress induced cracking.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Accepted Solution

Re: Samsung S9+ dead pixels

A screen replacement will fix the issue, it is just the damage propagating across the screen due to stress induced cracking.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.

View solution in original post

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit