CrowdSupport®
Highlighted
Level 3: Gumshoe

Sansung Galaxy Watch

So my galaxy watch of 9 months is misbehaving. It overheated, turns off and disconnects from my galaxy note 10+. I was advised to take it to a Telstra shop to be accessed. Well that was a person in the shop saying "hmmmm it needs to be sent off for either repair or replacement".

Now in 2020 What company "repairs" sealed electronic items? I would not be happy to have this item coming back as repaired. That in itself is fraught with issues. I'm confused as to why they don't look at the item observe the issue and just replace it?

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Level 25: The Singularity

Re: Sansung Galaxy Watch

It gets sent off to Samsung's repair centre. Repairs are possible (motherboard, battery, screen, antenna).

Either way. Samsung makes the call on whether they repair it or replace it as it would be technically classified as a minor problem (as the watch still operates).

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
Highlighted

Ummm no not really. It reboots, turns off, overheats and disconnects. My interpretation of that is a faulty non functioning item. 

Well with the track record Samsung has with warranty and looking after its clients I would expect it to come back more broken.

Highlighted

And it did come back not working. Wore it for about 2 hours and low and behold it's overheating again. I was told the main board and battery were replaced. Obviously with another faulty main board and battery.

Highlighted

You would definitely have a case to insist on a replacement given that is has come back and had the same problem as before the repairs.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit