Spaazz
Level 1: Cadet

Sim already active?

Im probably putting this in the wrong area but I really need some help.
Earlier today I purchased a new telstra sim (pre-paid) as my old one + phone 'went swimming'
When I tried to activate it I received 'number already in use or is invalid,
This sim doesn't expire until April 2020 and obviously I haven't activated it as I have just bought it.
Also is it possible to bring my old number and the remaining data left over to this sim as I had around 28gig in my data+databank.

Thanks

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
4 REPLIES 4
Level 22: Superhuman
Level 22: Superhuman

Re: Sim already active?

Id reconmend calling the prepaid team on 13 22 00
For Official Support start a Secure Chat , try the Online Troubleshooter, Outage Check or Complaint.

Full Disclosure as part of Telstras Social Media Code.

Support Team
Support Team

Hi @Spaazz,

I'm sorry to hear this. 

I recommend contacting Telstra on Live Chat here:  https://tel.st/jv3at or on 132200. They will be able to look into this further and get your sim card working. 

Let me know how you go. 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Spaazz
Level 1: Cadet

Hey so I contacted Live Chat and it turns out that for some reason neither my sim serial number or the service number were matched to the systerm so i need to buy a new one, not gonna complain its only$2.
Retrieving my old prepaid number and all my data is possible too so that's a huge relief.
Thanks heaps Smiley Happy
Support Team
Support Team

Ok good stuff, thank you for letting us know how you went.

If you ever have any questions feel free to reach out to us here any time, 24x7.

Thank you.
- Ryan

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Telstra 24x7®

Take care of your Telstra services in one place with the Telstra 24x7® App for Android

Download now
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Download now
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now