CrowdSupport®
Highlighted
numloxx
Level 3: Gumshoe

Still waiting for my Note 9 - Perth

Answered

I pre-ordered my Blue/Yellow Note 9 on the 20th... release date came and went.. Nothing in my order number except for "Your order is pending". If it doesn't get delivered by Tuesday, I am flying out and won't be back for 2 weeks. Not too impressed with waiting... why else would I pre-order something.. to get it before the store sells it.

Customers can walk into a Telstra store and walk out with their phone Smiley Sad

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Support Team
Support Team
Accepted Solution

Re: oRe: Still waiting for my Note 9 - Perth

Thank you for this information. This 512GB Note 9 is back ordered at present unfortunately guys. We apologise for this delay in having your device out to you, particularly as you pre-ordered ahead of time. 

We will email you updates as they develop on when to expect your device. You can also track this using our online order tracker here: https://www.my.telstra.com.au/myaccount/track-my-order?red=social-care-LSW:cbjl.

Looking forward to having this out to you, if you have any questions feel free to reach out to us here anytime, 24x7.

Thank you.

- Ryan

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
41 REPLIES 41
Support Team
Support Team

Re: Still waiting for my Note 9 - Perth

Hi @numloxx,

Thanks for reaching out. Sorry to hear about your experience, this is not what we want for our customers at all.

Can I please confirm if this has been delivered yet?

Please let me know.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

numloxx

oRe: Still waiting for my Note 9 - Perth

No it hasn't been delivered. Had to go into the Morley store today, where I was told the Blue 512GB Note 9's are out of stock. Great Telstra... I pre-ordered it so I would be one of the first to get this phone Smiley Sad They tell me it could be a few weeks until more stock arrives.

Very upset about this.

Support Team
Support Team

I'm sorry to hear that @numloxx, I can understand your frustration.  If you are looking at raising a complaint, you can do so here. Once you've done that, a case manager will be assigned and in contact to investigate this further within 3-5 business days.

Please let me know how you go.

QM

Just got this info in:

I found an update from an order placed after Aug 21 

"Due to overwhelming demand, the Samsung Galaxy Note9 512GB (blue) has gone into backorder, meaning any customer pre-orders placed from now onwards may take 2 to 3 weeks after market launch (24 August) for the handset to be shipped."

So my guess is that anything pre-ordered after about the 18th is going to have a 2-3 week delay.

Just to add to the amusement, I get this feedback:

I was advised by the sales team that they cannot provide a definite time , but the assurance is that you will receive your device once the note blue 512gb is available, a week or two as your order was placed prior to Aug 21

QM

Oh... wait, finally a more concise explanation:

Yes the Blue 512GB is back ordered as of the moment
once the device is available we will shipped that ASAP

So that means if you ordered the blue phone after 14 August you will have a minimum of 2-3 weeks wait.

Support Team
Support Team
Accepted Solution

Thank you for this information. This 512GB Note 9 is back ordered at present unfortunately guys. We apologise for this delay in having your device out to you, particularly as you pre-ordered ahead of time. 

We will email you updates as they develop on when to expect your device. You can also track this using our online order tracker here: https://www.my.telstra.com.au/myaccount/track-my-order?red=social-care-LSW:cbjl.

Looking forward to having this out to you, if you have any questions feel free to reach out to us here anytime, 24x7.

Thank you.

- Ryan

numloxx

Ah, nice that we had to visit social media and forums to find out this information.

Telstra should have been more pro-active and informed all customers before they found out on social media etc.

blarks
Level 2: Rookie

Wait, what? I have to wait 2 to 3 weeks for this pre order? Telstra you are joking me right? How could you not have enough stock available for pre orders? Not happy at all with this. Also as already said why did I have to dig around and come to the forum to find this out, why wasn't I or anybody else informed about this?

Oh and this is the response I get when I try to track my order

Unfortunately, we're unable to locate that confirmation number. Please check that it's correct and try again. If you placed your order in the last 24 hours, your number and order status may not yet be available.

Level 25: The Singularity
Level 25: The Singularity

At the time that pre orders are taken, Telstra has zero stock (a pre order is essentially a backorder prior to a product being released). Stock doesn't become available until Samsung releases and ships it to Telstra.
Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
Chris1964

I pre ordered on the 17th and never received a message from telstra about having to wait. Tracking the order just comes up as pending and when I contacted Telstra all they could say was that the order was pending, not that they were out of stock and there was a wait.
blarks

When I ordered it clearly stated that it was in stock. As per everyone else I have not received any communication about delivery, no stock, in stock, waiting for stock, nothing.
Support Team
Support Team

Hi blarks, 

I apologise for the delay, as @RyanH has advised in the marked solution post above there is a delay on some Samsung Note 9 pre-orders. 

If you have not received any notification about your order please get in contact with us via live chat https://www.telstra.com.au/chatnow/landing or on 132200 and we will check on the status of your order details. You can also track this using our online order tracker: https://www.my.telstra.com.au/myaccount/track-my-order?red=social-care-LSW:cbjl.

Regards

- Tom

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today
Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Kudo to the member(s) who helped you out

QM

There really is no point telling people about the tracking system, because until Telstra actually ship the device we don't get a tracking number!
The Order number is not applicable, and unless you have a link to the page for "Find how long Testra estimate before they source and ship your device" Telstra is opaque to all information in this regard on a per-user basis.

Over-selling on pre-orders I can understand, but we already know that all other retail outlets and suppliers had supplies shipped ready for selling on the 24th, so suggesting that Telstra has to wait until then to request them from the importers is a bit off.

The key takeaway here is that you must keep people informed about things like this. When you offer something for advance sale, reporting it will be released on the 24th, it's not surprising that people are disappointed when they're told it won't be shipped for another week or two, but to *not* tell them that there will be a delay is quite appalling. This changes it from looking like over-selling and possible sub-optimal sourcing, to incompetence and inconsideration.
I spent 40 mins on chat before someone admitted they were on back-order. That's 40 minutes to get the answer changed from "Oh, just wait, it will be with you sometime this week" to "Yes, they are on back-order and will be shipped when supplies come in. It will then be 3-5 business days for delivery"
blarks

Exactly, and well said. The fact that no communication has taken place about the delay is just poor customer service. The canned generic responses here are of no help whatsoever. What is bizarre is that if you go to the telstra site the ocean blue states available now. I was at a shopping centre last night and saw the phone front and center in the optus store, but yet at the telstra the s9 was the main display very strange.
numloxx

Agreed... Telstra really has failed in this situation. I pre-ordered my S8plus last year and the exact same thing happened. No communication at all.

Unfortunately the big T has me by the short and curlies, as I work in the Pilbara, and it's the only carrier there.

BigFisher

I per ordered blue note 9 with free upgrade to 512g on the first day of per orders. Was advised that I was first in their region of stores when they were working out how to do the per order. Didnt get it and followed up with store Friday last week. They weren't sure. Went back yesterday and they are still trying to work out why I didn't get it. Then I find out here that it is due to no stock - just as I feared. If it is going to be weeks, can it be changed to a black one?
Support Team
Support Team

Hi BigFisher, very sorry to hear that your blue Note9 is on backorder. 

To look into the possibility of changing to the black optoin, our Orders team via secure Live Chat here:  https://www.telstra.com.au/chatnow/landing can check your order details and advise. 

sealz

Here's what's interesting.
I ordered 2 of the New Promo Note 9's
One order was done on the 20th Aug.
The other on the 21 Aug.
When we were placing the order on the 21 Aug I had noticed the 1st orders Mobile Plan was not correct.
So to change this we needed to cancel the order and do an entire New order.
Keeping in mind these take close to 1 hour on a phone call.
So long story short 2 orders done on 21 Aug finished at 9.36pm.
As I have the order numbers to Track these I keep a watch on the order tracker.
1 NOTE 9 is on the delivery van with Star Track.....And signs for on 24 Aug.
This was the order that was place 2nd.
And sadly that's it, the 1st order that had to be replaced sits on the Back Orders.
It is not pending it is a fully finished order just awaiting to be dispatched when stock arrives.
These 2 orders where done by the same person on the same phone call. In the exact same way.
The phone is gorgeous by the way.
A for sure upgrade from the NOTE 8.
Has to be the 512GB just runs so smooth.
The call center has offered a $10 credit for the wait time.
Annoying when 1 comes through but the other does not.
Chris1964

It now looks like Telstra are doing everything they can to avoid the issue. They just say that they have no Idea. customer service is going backwards more each day.
Console

@IvanS wrote:

To look into the possibility of changing to the black optoin, our Orders team via secure Live Chat here:  https://www.telstra.com.au/chatnow/landing can check your order details and advise. 

I clicked through to chat and enquired about this:

Hello, I'm waiting on a Note 9 pre-order which hasn't been delivered.. I want to know about the possibility to change the colour from blue to black and get it delivered or pickup from a store immediately..
)

They immediately redirected me to phone up:

We have a dedicated team "Order management" so they will instantly help you with the same. Just give a call on 132200 and say Order management" and provide your order number to them so they will check and help you instantly.

After phoning up and speaking to a support person on the phone, they told me that they cannot make any changes to my order over the phone because I placed my order online (like frankly, who cares! You're both employed by Telstra, just get the damn thing done). They told me that only the online team can make changes to my order. So they could not help whatsover. More wasted time.

Love how Telstra takes the motto "it's someone else's job" and makes it into a company slogan.

Support Team
Support Team

Hi Console,

I am sorry that this has been a frustrating exercise for you, that's not good at all. 

If the order number has updated from SBS ...... to INT- ..... then the chat team can access it, before this period, if it's not on their systems to alter or access they will need to refer you. 

If you have the INT number you can check it & the order online here  https://www.my.telstra.com.au/myaccount/track-my-order

In most cases if your order has hit a certain part of the processing we are unable to back out of the order. 

Angela 

QM

Which model were these, blue or black?

Blue is on back-order, but perhaps black were in stock.

Chris1964

Everyone knows that the blue is on back order. The issue is that Telstra are not keeping customers up to date about their orders. The only way I found out about the back order was in crowd support as Telstra haven't even sent an email about the order. The only email I have got from Telstra was that my order was in. Chatted online to be told to check tracking, tracking just says PENDING nothing about back order. Telstra really needs to improve their customer service
kroonys3
Level 5: Eagle Eye

I ordered black on the 14th. Still nothing Smiley Sad

I think Black is on back order too
sealz

Hey QM

The orders were for the Blue Note 9.
I received 1 order.
The other is on Back Order.
driris
Level 1: Cadet

Exactly, I have spoken to Telstra about 5 times about my pre order not once did they inform me of this. The last phone call when I told them about what I read here they either were not able to admit it or had no idea
driris
Level 1: Cadet

Absolutely agree OM. I am disappointed I changed to Telstra now and won't recommend to others. My partner was going to join when her contract ran out but I don't think so now. I feel utterly taken for granted. The worst is when you ring to find out what is happening, get no information but are harrassed to get further contracts.
QM

Amazing, so you ordered on the 20th Aug and got the same model I ordered, yet I (and many others) ordered on the 14th Aug and are still waiting.

I guess there must be a "Last order, first delivery" system in place too Smiley Happy

Chris1964

This is them message I got from telstra chat today
I have checked your order details and found that your order is processing.

I do really apologies for the trouble you faced.
I would like to inform you that you will get your order most probably on Monday or Tuesday.
I would kindly request you to wait till Monday or Tuesday as weekends are there in between.

When I informed them that the phone was out of stock I got this reply
I would like to inform you that is not reason behind the delay.
the stock from Samsung haven't received before.
But your order is already under process.

Interesting to see what happens next.
sealz

Hey Guys
My second order for Note 9 Blue Promo has been Dispatched!!
Delivery Date 3rd Sept.
My data has changed to the new plan.
Checked my Order Tracker it states Complete.
Chris1964

Mine just changed aswell
Support Team
Support Team

Great to hear the handsets are on the way. Please let us know when they've arrived, or if there's anything else you need. Appreciate your patience. - Matthew.

numloxx

Finally got shipping number.. Ordered 20th August, Blue 512gb model.
BigFisher

I am glad your orders are now coming through, that is awesome. I found out why I haven't got mine. Pre ordered 10th August, went to store on 24th which was release day to see if order was there which wasn't and they were going to look in to. Went back Monday 27th and still no info, being looked in to. Worked out online how to check order and worked out it was cancelled. Enquired online the Tuesday night to find out my per order was somehow cancelled the same day I did it!! Then a new order done 24th - the day of release when I went in to check. That order was cancelled the same day - presumably because the pre order offer was finished. Complaint lodged and had to wait for case manager to call. Followed up Thursday night and asked for case manager to call me yesterday as I wanted something sorted yesterday to get a phone. Person online was sending email to case manager. Never heard anything. Went to store yesterday afternoon and got sms late to say another enquiry sent to case manager and can't be resolved in store without going through case manager. Now there are blues being released so hopefully I don't miss out again. Need it resolved and get my free tablet. Hopefully it gets sorted early this week!
Support Team
Support Team

HI @BigFisher, sorry to hear that your original order had some troubles. You should be able to track your online SBSxxxx order reference here: https://www.my.telstra.com.au/myaccount/track-my-order which they may not have been able to view on your account in store before. Duplicate orders will have been cancelled if you already had a pre-order application in place, though some orders may have been delayed or put on back order your original reference can still back tracked. Let us know if you have any other troubles, and I'm sure you'll receive your new handset soon Smiley Happy

BigFisher

Hi, I don't currently have an order. My per order was cancelled same day somehow. Then they tried to order again on 24th which cancelled. As it was per order with free upgrade and free tablet, they can't just put another order in. So no order and waiting for a case manager to contact me.
Support Team
Support Team

No worries, I'm sure your case manager will be in touch after the weekend to assist further!

blarks

The tracking system doesn't work for me, i have an sbsxxx number. I get told from 24/7 chat that I would receive my order within 3 to 4 business days. After 2 of those days no tracking or order update received. So there goes that idea. To make matters worse I get told by complaints department that I will have to wait 2 to 3 weeks. Telstra obviously has no idea whats going on. And please don't respond " were very sorry to hear " because no, your not "sorry" to hear anything. Here is the "resolution" I get from the complaints department.

We know you've been put out by this matter so we'd like to fix things by:

• We apologised for the inconvenience it has caused you butt rest assured it will be delivered to you once the device becomes available
  • Advising you that we are going to notify you once we received an update about the availability and delivery of the Samsung Galaxy Note 9 512GB (blue).

Please tell me what this has resolved?

Support Team
Support Team

Hi blarks, 

Sounds like stock availability is the reason for the delays sorry. These were very popular pre orders and models. 

sealz

I have received my Blue Note 9 with the Tablet.
Thanks
Support Team
Support Team

Hi sealz,

That's awesome to hear, we're stoked you have received your devices. We hope you enjoy them immensely. Smiley Happy

If you have any queries or concerns in regard to your devices and/or services, be sure to give us a shout over at our Facebook and Twitter pages. We're hanging out there 24x7 to help.

Telstra 24x7®

Take care of your Telstra services in one place with the Telstra 24x7® App for Android

Find out more
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now