CrowdSupport®
Jaydee_
Level 5: Eagle Eye

Still waiting for the Samsung Note 10 + 5g

Please can someone tell me when I will get my phone, please. I have asked Samsung and they say to talk with telstra. It is a never ending circle calling with no real answer.

Jaydee

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
24 REPLIES 24
Support Team
Support Team

Re: Still waiting for the Samsung Note 10 + 5g

Hay Jaydee_,

Was this device on backorder through us from the pre-sale?

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

AlexKB
Level 3: Gumshoe

I want to know the same thing! Samsung said they have them in stock so I don't know why Telstra can't provide an ETA. Telstra told me it was dependent on the number pre-orders and that they don't know how long because that is run by Telstra 'back of house' and 'no one has access to that information.' What I don't get is, the pre-order period has finished so how does Telstra not know how many orders they have to fill and why can't they provide an ETA?  I understand an ETA is only an estimate, but the fact we can't even get that is crazy given we could walk into a Samsung store and buy one immediately available. So frustrating. (I don't normally do pre-orders but my current phone Note3 is slow, no longer operates well and the battery dies quickly. So I'm not being impatient person with first world only problems waiting for 'the' newest shiny thing, I just want an ETA and I don't see why that request is unreasonable or impossible to be provided with).

lelyfant

DingoDan,

I believe I'm in a similar boat to Jaydee_, I pre-ordered the note 10+ 5g and am yet to receive it. Unfortunately, the team in-store have very little information on 1) why the phone is late and 2) An ETA on when the phones are likely to be available. I'm sure there is a very valid reason as to why the pre-orders are so late and knowing that reason could help. Not knowing a time frame and being told soon, not long and probably next week doesn't ease frustrations.

Thanks 

Support Team
Support Team

There are many factors involved with the delivery of these devices and some of these are out of our control. Regrettably, this means that we may not be able to accurately predict the delivery time for your device. Pre-orders will receive regular updates on the status of your order until it is scheduled for delivery.

I definitely understand that the waiting without details is the hardest part but your pre-order does guarantee you a device. 

Sorry for any inconvenience.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

AlexKB

What are some of the 'many' factors? 

And more importantly wtf..... "your pre-order does guarantee you a device" … why the hell not?!!!

Samsung have them in stock, (and as a result have advised any order issues is in the hands of the retailer). Other telcos have them in stock. Why have we all wasted our time with Telstra if our order doesn't guarantee us a device?! What factors are out of Telstra's control? Did a cargo ship get hijacked?

Dear Telstra 'support team,' we all understand it's not your fault (management have failed you and us as customers), but please stop faking support if Telstra's management has failed to support you with actual answers. If you can't reply with a supportive actual answer, do what Telstra does with it's updates and don't bother saying anything at all. Just escalate it [customers concerns/feedback/frustration]. I appreciate there is very little you can do from Manilla, but send it back to the jerks in Australia who are suppose to be running the show. 

Jaydee_

Yes! I pre ordered at a store on the 15th of August. The only "updates" I get is when I call and ask when I will get my phone or look at the order tracker that's hasn't changed, it says BACK ORDER. I have been told that a ship got stuck in Hong Kong, my phone was delivered but when I got to the store I looked like a fool and the common thing I get told is "sir your not the only one waiting so you need to just wait"??? Like WTF as said in the other messages in this post, we ordered a phone in the pre order and still haven't got one but can go to Samsung and get one? I worked it out and it is about $4400 over a 36 month period to have this phone and if a few of the people that pre orderor did cancel, it would hurt the books a little. Well that's where I'm at now, do I keep this contract because my note 8 is working just fine and I just wanted to be one of the first people to have the phone but my dream has been crushed and the hype I had for the phone is almost gone.

Jaydee
Jaydee_

I just walked into a Telstra store in Belmont Western Australia and watched a customer sign up and get the phone I am waiting for. Granted it was a black one but then I walk into jb hifi and they have the note 10 + 256gb aura glow for $999 if you sign up to a plan... so people are getting a deal and the people that have pre-ordered haven't even got their device? Couldn't make this **bleep** up. I was told today it will be about 4 weeks until I get it and I need to wait for a case manager. Pissed off is an understatement!

Jaydee
lelyfant

Jaydee_ I have my pre-order through the Midland store, glad to see its the same everywhere smh. 4 WEEKS, gee wiz, they should be letting the people who pre-ordered know that the wait is no longer a few extra days its weeks. I wonder if you are able change the phone colour as i really dont care as it will most probably be in a case and a further 4 weeks is getting out of hand. DingoDan or JesseS, is a colour change possible to help expedite the phone. I need new headphones so dont really want to cancel the pre-order, but 4 weeks is starting to stretch friendships and maybe an outright phone + headphones elsewhere may be the way to go.

Jaydee_

I'm sick of waiting and at this stage I feel like I just want to cancel. If you want the phone and can go without the 5g and extra storage (get a big sd card) go to jb hifi and get one for $999 and some wireless jbl headphones for $149 they have both colors and you can have it today.

Jaydee
Ebonymom

I had a chat and the person (Ralph G.) on the chat told.me that I can pick up phone and headset if store has stock. I managed to locate the phone but the store told me that they cannot give the headset......

And ask me to contact Samsung to get headset......what???

1. Telstra employee told me incorrect info

2. Then telstra shop employee told me to contact Samsung to get the headset?????

Just want to those who want to pick up the phone... please be aware.....

user who wants to help myself and others
Jaydee_

This is what someone at Samsung said...

Hi Jaydee, we are sorry to hear you have not yet received your pre-order Note 10 device. We have had overwhelming demand for this product. We appreciate your escalation to us and apologise for the delay.

We have reached out to our Telstra accounts team regarding this. We have been advised that stock is due to ship into Telstra’s warehouse this week. Taking into account logistics and distribution to stores, we expect majority of back orders to be fulfilled early next week. Again, we do recommend for you to continue reach out to your retailer to provide you with an update. 

Jaydee
Ebonymom

Dear Jaydee

Thank you so much for letting me know. It seems that one company cares for their customers.... Their reply to you seems to provide answers for what we have been asking and more than what Telstra has been so far....

In fact, I did go to Samsung Store and talked to one of Samsung employee and he said that Note 10 + 512 GB is in really high demand and should be arriving to Australia and ready to be dispatched to pre-ordered customers from 3rd week of September, which is one week from now. 

Of course, we are not sure how Telstra is going to handle but hopefully, they will do their best to deliver their service to pre-ordered customers who have been waiting. 

We have waited this long, so let's hope we only need to wait another week. 

Again, thank you so much!

Jaydee_

Thanks for your reply buddy 😂 This has to be the worst experience I have ever had getting a new phone. I have spent hours and hours on the phone trying to find out when I will get my phone. Today my number that I'm have been trying to port to telstra had call restrictions put on it because I have been out of credit for a month now (since I made the order) I should have had a phone on the 23rd of August. Everytime I speak to the Philippines all they can do is say sorry and when you ask to speak to someone in Australia they tell you no. Well I have finally spoken to someone in Australia they were a bit more helpful and they have said that my order my have been missed and is at the back of the line so to speak. Offered to cancel and order again so I will get the phone in 2 weeks? Again why the hell did I pre order so I can cancel 3 weeks later and order again to wait even longer. I'm so pissed it is unbelievable. I have been robbed of being one of the first to have this phone and have such a headache over this experience I will never sign up with telstra again. When this is over I'm done. If anyone is still having the same problem ring 132200 and say disconnect and you will speak to someone in Australia. ** I bet I won't get a reply to this either**

Jaydee
Yang141
Level 4: Private Eye

I am still waiting for my order placed on 15th August, but after digging into the past  pre order Telstra has promoted with Samsung, eventually what we are experiencing is not new. Then I think about it logically, it makes sense. 

Samsung would have prepared a certain amount of handsets before the release date stored at different location around the world, and this number would always be a conservative number smaller than their expectations of total sale. This stock will also be assigned separately for pre-order estimation and ready stock sales estimation. Which means if the product is in high demand, the pre orders should always have some people left out. 

Also one fun assumption I have, is that the retailers like Telstra, they might actually either have a last order first serve rule or maybe totally random who gets it and who is left out. The theory behind the last order first serve is that at least they can make the majority of customers really happy, and just the unlucky few really upset.

Samsung wise, if they are in the process of  manufacturing and shipping more products due to high demand, to max their sales, they might as well send their new available units to the stores running out of stock first rather than the already upset pre-order customers (us).

Anyway, we might be the unlucky 10% have to wait the longest among the buyers decided to buy the phone within the 1st few weeks after release. Haha

Ebonymom

Yeap.. I totally agree... I also looked whether Samsung had the main issues to supply this particular model Note 10 + 5G, and yes it was unexpectedly in high demand, and their main customers in South Korea complained quite a bit. However, different to here, they got their phone within a week of many complaints and news reports via Samsung directly or Korean mobile service providers.... 

In Australia, it seems different story... I really thought about cancelling the order all together and checked other service providers and Vodafone being up front and realistic - they don't put Note 10+5g model on their website (being aware of them being out of stock currently, and don't want to argue or upset their customers), and Optus is still offering the pre-order deal (with AKG wireless headset) with specific dates of ETA from the beginning - black one from 20 Sept and Aura from 4th Oct....

I am seriously considering to opt out and I know that nobody in Telstra cares.. haha. One thing that hold me off from doing so is that I invested too much time with Telstra already and my order is still on back order. 

And I can see people on this forum with Note10+ 5g commenting about their usage experiences, I am curious how they got theirs and when my order will be allocated...

BTW, I also suggested that I can change the color from Aura to black and Telstra advised me that if I do so, I will lose my headset....humm....

Highlighted
Ebonymom

Dear @Jaydee_ 

I feel for you...

Out of desperation, I also contacted Samsung and they were not much different.. Well, they at least put their reply in better manned ways but nothing specific to avoid any responsibilities about this delay. 

I got the exactly same sentence "copy & paste" by Samsung, and they kept asking me to contact Telstra, and Telstra agent keeps asking me to contact Samsung for the stock level issues... haha, at the end of the day, we are a customer who doesn't have much power to both of them, I think....

I asked several agents to report the senior management, and same goes to Samsung rep but no one seems to care, and this is the worst pre-order experience ever... (this is my 3rd time to get Samsung phones)…

Anyhow, maybe few of us relentless waiting and checking our order status via website and this forum must be very unlucky ones who put the order earlier but have to wait. 

Maybe I would learn my lesson from this experience.. Time to really think about my option here. BTW, FYI,  if you still want to get free headset and want to know for the ETA for sure, Optus is still offering the free headset.

Yang141

My order status has been changed from back order to stock allocated, it is a good sign, won’t lift my hopes up until I actually have got it in my hands though. The system cannot be trusted!

lelyfant

I got some msgs today from Telstra, 1) My international day pass has been enabled, strange 2) A msg about my new monthly data allowance (made me salty because my new plan has less than my current plan, why do I have a new plan it should happen when I get a phone) then 3) A msg saying and I quote "Great News! Your device is on its way and will arrive on 26/08/2019. Track your order using ref # at startrack.com.au" I couldn't help but laugh, the 26th of last month, haha, the level of professionalism or their lack of or incompetence from Telstra as a business is quite comical. Which is sad because they do have some good people working for them as most interactions I have in person, online or on the phone are towards the good side. Their business has some major systemic issues that need sorting. I called the store I have my order through and I was told it has been dispatched from the warehouse and should arrive in store on Friday. As you said Gumshoe I won't be getting my hopes up too high, I can feel that the phone won't arrive Friday, I'm away all next week then pick it up the following Monday, then get charged for my current phone buyout for an extra week and a half, which I won't be paying Smiley Tongue

Jaydee_

I think we may be getting somewhere. 

Spoke to Michael in retentions yesterday, he was great and very helpful. We didn't really get a solution yesterday and I was too mad to accept anything he had to offer... new order, different color and things along that line. I asked for a call back today to let me cool down and see if anything else could be done because now I'm desperate, my number I have had for over 20 years had call restrictions put on it and that is a disaster when it is your main contact for business. I had to ring kogan mobile and ask them if they could activate incoming call until telstra sort themselves out and they allowed it for a day, so I had to recharge just so I didn't loose my number. Well this afternoon I got a text... Great news! Your device is on its way and will arrive on 26/08/2019. Track your order using ref *order number removed* at http://www.startrack.com.au/. So I may get the phone this week? Or do I get in contact with doc brown and ask if I can borrow the time machine. All jokes aside, this has been a horrible experience and I feel for all the people that are still waiting. If you are still having trouble ring 132200 say disconnect and ask for Michael, he is a champion and will hopefully sort it out for you. Will post when I receive the device. All the best 😁

Jaydee
Ebonymom

Thanks Jaydee

It seems that others who pre-ordered later than myself (I pre-ordered on 9th August) and all processing was done on the same day but seems to be waiting still whilst others who ordered later got processed first. Anyhow, thanks got some of us will get the phone.. I hope you get your new phone soon and porting of number goes smoothly. Will remember Michael and the no. that you mentioned if I have any issues with porting once I get the phone. Thanks!

Ebonymom

Hi I got my order status changed since 12.11pm yesterday to stock allocated but no message from Telstra about shipment. It seems some of us who were on this forum who ordered later than us got shipment message already, so I am not sure how the warehouse is handling this.... Well let's hope that we will get ours soon as well. 

Ebonymom

You got the exactly same message that I got on 22nd Aug. Haha... I won't be able to rest till I get my phone I think.....

Yang141

Asked Telstra again today about the status update, and they told me it must have been a mistake, because it is showing in their system they don’t have stock available. And try to explain to me ‘you know Telstra is a very big company, you order it here and someone order it some else where, and it is pretty hard to decide which gets the stock first.’ I gave up, Telstra is clearly a big company still using a manual ordering system from the 90’s. 

Jaydee_

I received my phone on the 12 of September in the morning afyer they sent it overnight. I think talking to the retention team got the ball moving. If you still haven't got yours yet i would call 132200 and say disconnect and speak to someone here. Tell them about me and how i got my phone a few days after talking to them.

Jaydee

Telstra 24x7®

Take care of your Telstra services in one place with the Telstra 24x7® App for Android

Find out more
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now