Highlighted
Shirl1
Level 2: Rookie

Telstra pages fail to load

Answered

Any ideas to fix this?

Telstra pages often refuse to load on my Samsung Tablet. All other websites load fine. No problem on my laptop. I think it's the crap reception, usually 2 bars, 3 on a good day. Sometimes restarting both devices works.

But  why only Telstra pages, and why only on the tablet???

My devices are a Telstra 4gx mobile wi-fi and Samsung Galaxy Tab with Chrome.  

Would a wifi extender help? I am away too often to make home broadband a viable option.

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)
Accepted Solution

Re: Telstra pages fail to load

Try downloading the Telstra Home Dashboard app which can help you to map the Wi-Fi coverage in your home to identify possible sources of interference. 

For the issue with not being able to access Telstra websites, in almost all cases I find that turning off and then restarting the computer/tablet will resolve the issue. 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
5 REPLIES 5
Level 25: The Singularity
Level 25: The Singularity

It sounds like a problem on the browser on the Tablet. Try deleting the cookies and cache and see if that helps. Otherwise try a different browser.

It does not sound like a problem with reception, and a wifi extender won't make a difference.
Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
Shirl1

Thanks Jupiter
It's good to know extender won't work. I intermittently clean cookies, cache etc, but not every time. Restart usually works but not always. I will try Firefox.

Some days my wi-fi signal repeatedly drops out, I'm not sure if this has a hidden impact.

Of course it always when I need to send that critical email :-)
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)
Accepted Solution

Try downloading the Telstra Home Dashboard app which can help you to map the Wi-Fi coverage in your home to identify possible sources of interference. 

For the issue with not being able to access Telstra websites, in almost all cases I find that turning off and then restarting the computer/tablet will resolve the issue. 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Shirl1

Thanks, I've also found if I leave the laptop on and connected to Wifi I have less dropouts on the tablet.
Level 22: Superhuman

If you are able to access other websites, it is not a reception problem, but a browser compatibility problem. Try firefox or the Samsung browser. It is not a wifi issue if you can load other websites.
I am a retired mobile phone etc  professional.

A "Like" is always appreciated. If my advice is a solution, please mark it. I'm not a Telstra employee.
50 + years exp. in radio comms., eg mobile phones since 1963, two-way radios, base stations, antennas & pagers. My motto: "Doing the right thing is never wrong".

Telstra 24x7®

Take care of your Telstra services in one place with the Telstra 24x7® App for Android

Download now
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Download now
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now