CrowdSupport®
Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

Telstra samsung S10+ still on July update

Hi

Just purchased this device and loving it but I realised I can only update to the G975FXXS3ASG5 software update with the July 2019 security patch. I checked the software tool and there's no mention of any upcoming updates. Can someone please advise what the scheduling is like? Conscious that I'm hearing other S10+ in the wild are getting on with their September updates whilst I'm behind.

Any help is appreciated.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Level 20: Director
Level 20: Director

Re: Telstra samsung S10+ still on July update

The updated are not compiled or supplied by telstra they are supplied by Samsung. The only role telstra have in the process is testing for network compatibility where appropriate 

I am not a Telstra employee, so all opinions are my own, I have been around Telstra products a long time and have a reasonably strong general tech knowledge. .
Highlighted
Level 25: The Singularity
Level 25: The Singularity

The S10+ model that was released in Australia hasn't received the September security patch update yet, at all. The most recent release globally was the August patch.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

Thanks guys

I checked here (https://www.sammobile.com/samsung/galaxy-s10-plus/firmware/SM-G975F/XSA/)

Which lets you browse all the Australian variants. It seems like Optus/Vodafone/XSA (Unlocked) are all on the ASH6 software. Indicating that Telstra is behind.

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit