peifen101
Level 1: Cadet

This handset has been blocked on this network.

i bought this second hand phone in the internet last 2month but just started use it a month ago but i couldnt receive and make calls.i tried to make a call then I get the automated message "This handset has been blocked on this network. For further information please call your service provider's customer support area".

Does anyone have any other suggestions with what's going on?

Specific Issues:
- Cannot make or receive voice calls.
- tried making call and started to get the above message.
- Have full reception.
- Can send/ receive SMS's.
- Can access data.
- Samsung s5.
- No changes made to any settings to initiate an issue.
- Account all OK.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
6 REPLIES 6
Level 24: Supreme Being
Level 24: Supreme Being

Re: This handset has been blocked on this network.

Sounds like it might have had an IMEI lock put on it, which usually happens after a phone is recorded as stolen.

Although that should also prevent data and sms from working too though...

Helpful Links

Internet not working or outage in your area? - Check the Outage page for details and troubleshooting.
Help with an account issue? - LiveChat 24x7 support
View Usage, Bills and more - Check it out on MyAccount

Previously worked with a Telstra Partner however I am not a Telstra Employee, just a fellow customer helping when I can.

Level 23: Superhero

As the Doc has said, it may be that the phone has been reported as lost or stolen.

I would suggest checking the IMEI at http://www.lost.amta.org.au/IMEI
If you've found a solution then don't forget to mark that post accordingly.
If you think I've been of assistance to you please remember to let me know by clicking on the LIKE button.

Please note: I am not a Telstra employee and any posts or opinions are entirely my own and don't reflect any official company position.
peifen101

hi kalak, thanks for the link. I just have a checked for the IMEI STATUS which saying that "Your IMEI Number is currently blocked by Telstra since 08 May 2016 3:54 PM."........

Is that no other solution? I got told by Telstra operator saying that i need to go back to the owner to unlock it. But i couldn't get contact with him as i bought this phone through Facebook's marketplace.

Thanks in advance.
peifen101

hi DrQ, I just have a checked for the IMEI STATUS which saying that "Your IMEI Number is currently blocked by Telstra since 08 May 2016 3:54 PM."........

Is that no other solution? I got told by Telstra operator saying that I need to go back to the owner to unlock it. But I couldn't get contact with him as I bought this phone through Facebook's marketplace.
Level 23: Superhero

Unfortunately the advice from the Telstra reps is correct. The only person who can authorise the IMEI to be unblocked is the original purchasers of the handset.

If you are unable to contact the original owner, as much as I hate to say it you have likely blown your money.

You may wish to seek advice from Police in this instance.

If you've found a solution then don't forget to mark that post accordingly.
If you think I've been of assistance to you please remember to let me know by clicking on the LIKE button.

Please note: I am not a Telstra employee and any posts or opinions are entirely my own and don't reflect any official company position.
Highlighted
Level 20: Director

It sounds like you bought a stolen phone always check secondhand phones before you pay especially off places like Facebook. Unfortunatly unless you can track the seller it looks like youve done your money
I am not a Telstra employee, so all opinions are my own, I have been around Telstra products a long time and have a reasonably strong general tech knowledge. .

Telstra 24x7®

Take care of your Telstra services in one place with the Telstra 24x7® App for Android

Download now
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Download now
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now