CrowdSupport®
Highlighted
Little666smum
Level 2: Rookie

Trouble connecting Samsung Devices to NBN

Answered

Having trouble getting my Samsung S7 and S8+ to connect to my new NBN Smart Modem any one got any answers

PLEASE.............

4 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Level 20: Director
Accepted Solution

Re: Trouble connecting Samsung Devices to NBN

Try factory resetting the gateway also turn off band steering and see if it fails on both the 2.4 and 5 ghz networks.
I am not a Telstra employee, so all opinions are my own, I have been around Telstra products a long time and have a reasonably strong general tech knowledge. .

View solution in original post

Little666smum
Accepted Solution

Im a real novice can you explain where or how to find or do those 2 solutions please

Level 24: Supreme Being
Accepted Solution

If you long tap on Gateways SSID on the S8+ the select "Manage network Settings" then select "Show advanced options" and the change IP settings from DHCP to static what do you see for

IP address

Gateway

DNS 

Level 22: Superhuman
Accepted Solution

Factory reset the white telstra modem by holding down on the reset button on the front on the modem with a paper clip
For Official Support Chat Now, or try the Online Troubleshooter, check for Outages or Raise a Complaint.

Full Disclosure as part of Telstras Social Media Code.
  • I work for Telstra Platinum Consumer, Small Business, Smart Home, Velocity, Locator and faults.
  • I'm not here in an official capacity, I just like fixing things and respond in my own time when I can.
  • Include "@343GuiltySpark" in your reply to get my attention if you're after me specifically.
  • My opinions are my own and not that of Telstra's, just so we're all on the same page.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
12 REPLIES 12

1: Are you getting an error message.
2: Have you tried a factory reset on the modem.
3: Are other devices able to connect.
For Official Support Chat Now, or try the Online Troubleshooter, check for Outages or Raise a Complaint.

• I work for Telstra Platinum Consumer, Small Business, Smart Home, Velocity, Locator and faults.
  • I'm not here in an official capacity, I just like fixing things and respond in my own time when I can.
  • Include "@343GuiltySpark" in your reply to get my attention if you're after me specifically.
  • My opinions are my own and not that of Telstra's, just so we're all on the same page.
Little666smum

1. Yes Wifi signal with ! in right corner. Have spoken to Samgung and they said not their problem.
2 . Yes have rest phone itself.
3.I am able to connect Apple devices Yes. But not my MY Cloud EX4100 4 tb hard drive or my foxtel and both Samsungs
Little666smum

It comes up on my phone Internet may not be available connect to another network. I have been on the phone to customer support and they said ring Samsung I have done that and they said No its definately Tesltras end
Accepted Solution

Try factory resetting the gateway also turn off band steering and see if it fails on both the 2.4 and 5 ghz networks.
I am not a Telstra employee, so all opinions are my own, I have been around Telstra products a long time and have a reasonably strong general tech knowledge. .

Little666smum
Accepted Solution

Im a real novice can you explain where or how to find or do those 2 solutions please

Accepted Solution

If you long tap on Gateways SSID on the S8+ the select "Manage network Settings" then select "Show advanced options" and the change IP settings from DHCP to static what do you see for

IP address

Gateway

DNS 

Accepted Solution

Factory reset the white telstra modem by holding down on the reset button on the front on the modem with a paper clip

To turn of band steering log into the gateway http://192.168.0.1 click on WiFi and down the bottom of the 2.4GHz WiFi settings page remove tick from band steering and the click on save.

Go to the 5GHz settings and change the SSID name so that it is different to the 2.4 GHz SSID name.

Little666smum

Thanks I think this has helped I now have my mobile connected which is the S8+ Still cant get my WD My Cloud EX4100 to connect
Little666smum

Nope all of a sudden its not connected again

@HarveyFreshhad the exact same problem with there Samsung devices including a Smart TV. The devices would connect and then after several minutes would loose connection to internet. The solved problem by replacing there new smart modem with there old TG799

https://crowdsupport.telstra.com.au/t5/Modems-Hardware/Telsta-NBN-FTTN-Router-Issues-Internet-to-som...

https://crowdsupport.telstra.com.au/t5/user/viewprofilepage/user-id/1099773

You could send a private message to them to see if they found a solution for the Smart Modem.

The reason you can't get the WD My Cloud EX4100 to connect is probably because it has been set with a fixed IP address not in within the same range as the address range of the Smart Modem. You might have to reset the WD My Cloud EX4100

https://support.wdc.com/knowledgebase/answer.aspx?ID=13996

Little666smum

IP 192.168.0.122
Gateway 192.168.0.1
Network prefix length 24
DNS 1 8.8.8.8
DNS 2 192.168.0.1
Proxy None

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit