Highlighted
melloncollie
Level 1: Cadet

Will the Note 5 or edge + be blue tick rated?

Answered

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Level 23: Superhero
Accepted Solution

Re: Will the Note 5 or edge + be blue tick rated?

Hi there melloncollie, I think that I could confidently say at this stage, I wouldn't think they would be blue tooth.

BUT, that is based on the fact that the current Note and S range from Samsung haven't made the cut for Blue tick.

I'm sure if they had pased the lab tests at Telstra, where they would have been put through their paces, the blue tick would have already been flown high on Telstra's advertising and pre order material for the devices.

Signature.gif

If I have provided an answer, or posed a question that helps or interests you, your KUDOS vote would be appreciated Image and video hosting by TinyPic
If I or anyone has provided a solution, you'll help others if you mark our answer as the Solution The Ghoust Writers: STUDYING ABROAD

NB: I am NOT a Telstra employee, just another customer like you.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
4 REPLIES 4
Level 23: Superhero
Accepted Solution

Hi there melloncollie, I think that I could confidently say at this stage, I wouldn't think they would be blue tooth.

BUT, that is based on the fact that the current Note and S range from Samsung haven't made the cut for Blue tick.

I'm sure if they had pased the lab tests at Telstra, where they would have been put through their paces, the blue tick would have already been flown high on Telstra's advertising and pre order material for the devices.

Signature.gif

If I have provided an answer, or posed a question that helps or interests you, your KUDOS vote would be appreciated Image and video hosting by TinyPic
If I or anyone has provided a solution, you'll help others if you mark our answer as the Solution The Ghoust Writers: STUDYING ABROAD

NB: I am NOT a Telstra employee, just another customer like you.
Support Team
Support Team

We don't have information on the blue tick status of either one yet melloncollie I'm sorry.

Jeff's position is probably fair, when a flagship phone comes out and meets bluetick, a song and dance does tend to get made.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Level 22: Superhuman

Hello Melloncollie

As the proud owner of a Note 4 Edge, and a Note 3,  the reception is excellent. Have no worries.

Whilst the Blue Tick "system" is good, it is largely theoretical for the reasons below, in summary that individual phones can vary  in signal strength, and receive/transmit capability, due to production & part variances.  I wouldn't be too fussed about it.   If there is no mobile signal, no phone will successfully process a phone.  All well known brands are well designed and built to a very good standard.    From experience at 2 manufacturers, individual production can often  slightly vary,   (due to production processes and individual components, all within specification there is some variance)........... to the degree that a really good non blue-tick can occasionally/sometimes  be better than a slightly below average  blue tick,  just due to a combination of critical mass produced parts.

So, take it from me, most manufacturers very carefully run their pre-production network testing samples through a HP tester several times to ensure the networks only get the best of the best.

I think the only way to allocate a blue tick, is to sample actual delivery production stock from several different batches.

Also, some manufacturers use more than one 3rd party manufacturer to build identically sold products, and again there can be variance.    So, these tests are usually done is a specially manufactured shielded room to emulate really poor conditions.    Even the angle and size of hand can make substantial variances to phone reception, let alone metal rings and wrist jewellery, especially due to inbuilt antennae.

Thus, I would not be too fussed about a blue tick status, as the variances in actual production can have more effect than testing one or two hand picked models presented to the various networks.

I would be more concerned that if the battery fails, you can't simply change it yourself or the lack of SD card, but again that is subjective.   If I was facing a non removable battery phone, I would be looking at an iPhone because of their on the spot high level of customer repairs at a moments notice at any Apple retail shop.

............ Whatever you buy, you will enjoy it, and I love Samsungs (until you need on-the-spot  quick repairs !!!).

Hope this insight relaxes you about this.  At the end of the day, Samsung Notes are great.

A "Like" is always appreciated. If my advice is a solution, please mark it. I'm not a Telstra employee.
50 + years exp. in radio comms., eg mobile phones since 1963, two-way radios, base stations, antennas & pagers. One of my mottos: "Believe in yourself, and you can accomplish anything".
wednesday
Level 1: Cadet

Large town in Tasmania, right on the water and Note 4 Edge is next best thing to useless. I've had it 3 weeks and will go back to my S5 or get a Note 3 which is Blue Tick.

Telstra 24x7®

Take care of your Telstra services in one place with the Telstra 24x7® App for Android

Download now
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Download now
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now