Highlighted
ianmcewan
Level 1: Cadet

how to transfer photos from my Samsung galaxy to tablet

Answered

I got a Samsung tablet and I want to transport the photos I took with my galaxy phone to the big screen.

Any smart way to do so?

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Level 20: Director
Accepted Solution

Re: how to transfer photos from my Samsung galaxy to tablet

@ianmcewan I just generally plug them into a PC.

I do make use of the AirDroid app times too.

There is also available the Samsung Smart Switch app.

Mmmmm... hot pineapple donut and a coffee!
Level 24: Supreme Being
Accepted Solution

The easiest way to do this is to install Google Drive on the tablet. By default google drive backs up all your photos and videos on the phone, You can find them on google drive in google photos photos. There is a sub folder for each year.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
9 REPLIES 9
Accepted Solution

@ianmcewan I just generally plug them into a PC.

I do make use of the AirDroid app times too.

There is also available the Samsung Smart Switch app.

Accepted Solution

The easiest way to do this is to install Google Drive on the tablet. By default google drive backs up all your photos and videos on the phone, You can find them on google drive in google photos photos. There is a sub folder for each year.
JasonBen

In fact, you have a lot of choices to transfer photos from Samsung Phone to Samsung Tablet.

Via Wi-Fi: Airdrop, Dropbox, Google Drive. etc

Via USB: Switch Mobile Transfer, Samsung USB driver.etc

Normally, free storage of the cloud service is limited, if you got a lot to transfer, you'd better export the photos via USB.

Smart View is the easiest method if you just want to mirror the photos to the tablet screen.

On your Galaxy Phone, pull down the settings bar and (usually) swipe across to the left to bring up the second page of quick settings. There should be one for Smart View. Make sure Bluetooth and preferably Wifi are on on both your phone and tablet, select it and within 10 seconds it should come up with the nearby devices that you can use as a screen (computers, TVs, etc will appear as well). Select your tablet and the screen should mirror onto your tablet.
Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.

You can either use an sd card or get an otg adaptor then use a usb drive
I am not a Telstra employee, so all opinions are my own, I have been around Telstra products a long time and have a reasonably strong general tech knowledge. .

@Jupiter wrote:
Smart View is the easiest method if you just want to mirror the photos to the tablet screen.

On your Galaxy Phone, pull down the settings bar and (usually) swipe across to the left to bring up the second page of quick settings. There should be one for Smart View. Make sure Bluetooth and preferably Wifi are on on both your phone and tablet, select it and within 10 seconds it should come up with the nearby devices that you can use as a screen (computers, TVs, etc will appear as well). Select your tablet and the screen should mirror onto your tablet.

Hey @Jupiter that is a good idea too, but when I do it some of my photo's are upside down. Since your the Telstra Samsung 9 guru how do you flip them? :-)

Oh, and @ianmcewan yeah, get an OTG cable that @Hunter-IT has suggested, they do come in handy at times. :-)

@Ozmoz

If you are viewing the photos via the google photos app, tap the edit icon second icon from left at bottom of phone’s screen then tap the rotate icon second icon from right and tap rotate the icon on bottom right of screen.

@Jupiter

I am unable to cast to my tablet a Samsung A10. Can only cast to miracast and chrome cast devices. Are there any other settings required on tablet besides ensuring WIFI and Bluetooth are on?

ianmcewan

Wow,  thank you, I will try : )

@cf4 wrote:

@Ozmoz

If you are viewing the photos via the google photos app, tap the edit icon second icon from left at bottom of phone’s screen then tap the rotate icon second icon from right and tap rotate the icon on bottom right of screen.

Thanks for the info @cf4 :-)

I was actually using Samsungs Gallery app. If I saved it upside down it would be ok, but the weird thing is it doesn't do it with all my photo's. Something must get saved in the photo's metadata, and it maybe if the photo is taken with Googles Camera app or Samsungs Camera app. I'll have to do some testing to find out which one is doing it?

I will also have to test it out with Smart View via the TelstraTV instead of my smart tv.

Samsung Galaxy Note9

The Camera. Reimagined.

Find out more