CrowdSupport®
hsuser
Level 2: Rookie

receive sound files from messagebank on Note 10

Answered

On my Note 8, I used to receive voicemail messages as multimedia files from messagebank.

I have recently updated to a note10 and I am no longer receiving them. 

Telstrra tech support could not name the service and told me there is no such service yet I have been receiving this service for at least a year.

Can anyone tell me the name of the service and how to get it reinstated please?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Level 24: Supreme Being
Accepted Solution

Re: receive sound files from messagebank on Note 10

I think it is called Telstra Messaging

What can I do with Telstra Messaging?

With Telstra Message Native, you can:

• Use a single inbox for SMS, MMS & RCS data message types
  • Have your Voicemail delivered as an audio file with speech to text attached if you are a Telstra Voice2Text or Message2text customer
  • Have your Voicemail delivered as an audio file if you’re a MessageBank customer
  • Send any file type including pictures, videos, documents & voice messages (up to 19MB) *
  • Create Group conversations for the people you message most, group members (must be Telstra Messaging customers) *
  • Exchange chat messages or files when you are connect to Wi-Fi *
  • See when your RCS chat messages and files have been delivered *
  • See when your SMS messages have been delivered
  • See when another Telstra Messaging contact is online, last active or typing a message to you *
  • Undelivered RCS File Transfers are stored and forwarded when you’re back online *
  • Undelivered RCS chat messages will be sent as SMS *
  • Share your location with a friend or group of friends that have Telstra Messaging *

To turn the service on

You can SMS the following messages to 144

Text “AUDIO ON” - This will start your voice messages being sent to your devices messaging inbox. You will receive a reply text confirming that “audio delivery is enabled”. From then on your voicemail service will operate in an enhanced state delivering your voicemail to your devices inbox.

Also make sure cellular data (settings > connection > Data Usage > Mobile Data) is turned on on your phone and rich communications is enabled (settings > connection > More Connection settings > Rich Communications)

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
8 REPLIES 8
Accepted Solution

I think it is called Telstra Messaging

What can I do with Telstra Messaging?

With Telstra Message Native, you can:

• Use a single inbox for SMS, MMS & RCS data message types
  • Have your Voicemail delivered as an audio file with speech to text attached if you are a Telstra Voice2Text or Message2text customer
  • Have your Voicemail delivered as an audio file if you’re a MessageBank customer
  • Send any file type including pictures, videos, documents & voice messages (up to 19MB) *
  • Create Group conversations for the people you message most, group members (must be Telstra Messaging customers) *
  • Exchange chat messages or files when you are connect to Wi-Fi *
  • See when your RCS chat messages and files have been delivered *
  • See when your SMS messages have been delivered
  • See when another Telstra Messaging contact is online, last active or typing a message to you *
  • Undelivered RCS File Transfers are stored and forwarded when you’re back online *
  • Undelivered RCS chat messages will be sent as SMS *
  • Share your location with a friend or group of friends that have Telstra Messaging *

To turn the service on

You can SMS the following messages to 144

Text “AUDIO ON” - This will start your voice messages being sent to your devices messaging inbox. You will receive a reply text confirming that “audio delivery is enabled”. From then on your voicemail service will operate in an enhanced state delivering your voicemail to your devices inbox.

Also make sure cellular data (settings > connection > Data Usage > Mobile Data) is turned on on your phone and rich communications is enabled (settings > connection > More Connection settings > Rich Communications)

hsuser

Hi Supreme Being,

Greatly appreciate your help.

I will try that immediately.

However, When I went to more connection settings, there is not option for Rich Communications.

I asked Samsung support and they advised that a firmware upgrade is required.  I just received the most recent upgrade from Telstra so my next point of contact I guess is Samsung to see if they can provide me with a revision that supports RCS.

Level 25: The Singularity
Level 25: The Singularity

RCS is working fine on my Note10+5G.

Messages are going as Chat.

Voicemail is coming through as audio files. 

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
Ebonymom
Level 5: Eagle Eye

Did you preordered note 10 or pick it up from shop? If you preordered, could I ask when you did?

user who wants to help myself and others
Support Team
Support Team

Hi @hsuser

Can I ask if you are still needing help with the mentioned problem on your device?

Please let me know so I can attempt to assist further.

- Stef

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Bazz77

Hi Steph. Mine is still not working and I would love some help with this please 

Cheers Bill

Support Team
Support Team

Hey Baz77, 

OK thank you for letting us know. If you are still having troubles give our mobile faults team a call on 13 22 03 and we will investigate further. Please let me know how you go.

- Ryan

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Highlighted
arsenalove82
Level 1: Cadet

My manager has N10+ 5G and his RCS and Audio files are working but on My N10+ 4g is not working. Spoke to Telstra and Samsung and got informed that Firmware upgrade is required for which we have to wait at least couple of months.Thanks

Looks like more of a feature to push people to buy 5g devices

Telstra 24x7®

Take care of your Telstra services in one place with the Telstra 24x7® App for Android

Find out more
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now