CrowdSupport®
Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

s9 Android 10 update ONE UI 2

When will Telstra release one ui 2.0 android 10 update for the galaxy s9 now that it's available in Australia 

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
17 REPLIES 17
Highlighted
Level 25: The Singularity

Re: s9 Android 10 update ONE UI 2

Samsung has not released Android 10 firmware for the Galaxy S9 in Australia yet (for any network variant).

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
Highlighted
Level 2: Rookie

Downloading Android 10 XSA now for the s9 Plus Not sure when Telstra  customers will get it 

It is a 1.8 GB download

Highlighted

Remember to restart your phone after it finishes its install. You'll have a better experience. 

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
Level 21: Augmented

@AntsP wrote:

When will Telstra release one ui 2.0 android 10 update for the galaxy s9 now that it's available in Australia 

@AntsP Its coming via Telstra Now. I say now as I only just checked for updates, and the last time a check was done it said it was the 4th Feb 2020.

Someone keeps putting vegetables in my beer crisper
Highlighted

My phone says it has Android version 8.0.0, and "Samsung Experience" version 9.0.  The Samsung S9+ also reports "Android security patch level 1 April 2018"

Can someone give me advice about updating??

Highlighted

@Doug4907 wrote:

My phone says it has Android version 8.0.0, and "Samsung Experience" version 9.0.  The Samsung S9+ also reports "Android security patch level 1 April 2018"

Can someone give me advice about updating??

Hi @Doug4907 

Have you gone into the "Software Update" tab, that is a couple up from the "About phone" tab.?

Highlighted

Hi Ozmoz,

Yes, that's where I got the above version numbers.  It also informs me, "updated 22/03/2020". 

I have no idea how to correct this.

Regards,

Doug

Highlighted

@Doug4907 wrote:

Hi Ozmoz,

Yes, that's where I got the above version numbers.  It also informs me, "updated 22/03/2020". 

I have no idea how to correct this.

Regards,

Doug

Hi @Doug4907 

Is your S9+ an Australian model version?

You can also download the latest version to suit your model via https://www.sammobile.com/ 

Highlighted

Oh, I think I'm getting a sinking feeling......  I bought the phone outright from **bleep** Smith in Australia.  It could a parallel import??  What are the implications?

Talk to you tomorrow.  Off to bed.

Regards

Doug

Highlighted

Sorry, I didn't read your answer correctly.  And my retailer was beeped out.  It is an Australian chain store, been in business for many years, often seen in shopping malls.

Highlighted

@Doug4907 wrote:

Sorry, I didn't read your answer correctly.  And my retailer was beeped out.  It is an Australian chain store, been in business for many years, often seen in shopping malls.

Hi @Doug4907 

When you go into the tab "About phone" that will tell you your model number. You can then track down the firmware for it via https://www.sammobile.com/ 

I would've thought yours would have at least android 9.0 on it though.

Highlighted

It is most likely a parallel import as a lot of Kogan's (the owner of DS) products are.

If you go to Settings->About Phone->Software Information->Service provider SW ver.

what does the last line of that say? Should be something like TEL/TEL/TEL or XSA/XSA/XSA

Highlighted

It is TEL/TEL/TEL     I guess it should be XSA .....

Highlighted

No. TEL/TEL/TEL is good, that means at least it has picked up that it is on Telstra and should be downloading the updates.

If you've told the phone to updates manually and that has failed, then the next step would be to install the updates from a firmware file that you can download from sammobile.com

You need a computer to be able to install the update, and instructions are on the website.

Highlighted

mmm  not good.   I went to sammobile.com, and I couldn't find a match for the  PDA number on the website. My phone is "Baseband version"  G965FXXU1ARD4.  This number doesn't appear in their lists.

I have no idea really what I'm doing.  I consider myself proficient with my Windows 10 PC.  (I can reinstall windows, update the BIOS, etc, etc,  but I don't know much about Android phones. I am an old, cranky bugger.  I am comfortable at a DOS prompt and at a UNIX prompt)  If I know which update to download, I'm sure I could install it.  When on sammobile, I tried for a match for G965FXXU1ARD4?  There were numbers extremely close to matching, but not good enough.

I am grateful for any help,

Doug

Highlighted

You just need to look for Model Samsung Galaxy S9+ (SM-G965F), then Australia (Telstra) and it will bring up a list of the firmwares available. Click on the newest and download the file. Ob the download screen, on the right hand side is the download link for Odin and the instructions on how to upddate.

Highlighted

Ok, been to sammobile, and downloaded Odin  The instructions say 

"Download Odin v3.14.4

1. Extract the firmware file you just downloaded. You should get 5 files:

AP (System &Recovery)

BL (Bootloader)

CP (Modem / Radio)

CSC_*** (Country / Region / Operator)

HOME_CSC_*** (Country / Region / Operator)

2. Add each file to its respective field in Odin v3.14.4. Use CSC_*** if you want to do a clean flash or HOME_CSC_*** if you want to keep your apps and data."

The downloaded zip file was nothing like the above.  There are 4 files, not 5, the first being cpprest141_2_10.dll .

So I'm now downloading the 4+ GB  file that at my throttled speed will take a day or so.  I'll report back after the download.  Thanks for all the help.

Stay well!

Doug

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit