Highlighted
cleo15
Level 1: Cadet

upgrade to samsung 10 plus

Answered

my contract runs out on 22 april, how soon can i upgrade my mobile and start a new contract with telstra. with vodaphone it was 2 months prior to contract expiry date. thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Support Team
Support Team
Accepted Solution

Re: upgrade to samsung 10 plus

Hi @cleo15,

Thanks for reaching out.

If your contract is due to run out on April 22nd, you should be able to upgrade your handset and plan for free as with Telstra contracts, once you've passed the 18 month period, there is no upgrade fee. (If you are currently on a lease plan, you must be able to return the phone in good working order).

More info about how this process works can be found here.

You can also check your contract details here, the page will let you know how much it will cost to upgrade or buyout of your existing contract. 

When you've decided what plan you want to go on, you can check out this link. You'll be required to log in and it is designed to make upgrading your phone and plan more effortless.

Please let me know how you go.

- Matty

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
3 REPLIES 3
Support Team
Support Team
Accepted Solution

Hi @cleo15,

Thanks for reaching out.

If your contract is due to run out on April 22nd, you should be able to upgrade your handset and plan for free as with Telstra contracts, once you've passed the 18 month period, there is no upgrade fee. (If you are currently on a lease plan, you must be able to return the phone in good working order).

More info about how this process works can be found here.

You can also check your contract details here, the page will let you know how much it will cost to upgrade or buyout of your existing contract. 

When you've decided what plan you want to go on, you can check out this link. You'll be required to log in and it is designed to make upgrading your phone and plan more effortless.

Please let me know how you go.

- Matty

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

cleo15
Level 1: Cadet

thanks for your reply.

I chatted to someone from telstra yesterday and they want 149 dollars to upgrade so i dont know whos right. ill have to wait til my contract expires i guess and see which company offers the best deal.

cheers Anne
Support Team
Support Team

Thanks for your response Anne,

I am surprised to hear this regarding your contract. 

If you click on the links I provided earlier, more information specific to you will be given about your contract and any fees that may apply if you were to upgrade. I would recommend still having a look at them to see what is available to you as you can also place an order online if you are eligible.

Please let me know how you go with the links.

- Matty

Telstra 24x7®

Take care of your Telstra services in one place with the Telstra 24x7® App for Android

Download now
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Download now
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now