Withdrawal of certain BigPond services from 13 October 2013 – BigPond Photos, BigBlog and BigPond Online Storage
Why is Telstra withdrawing these services? Over time, they’ve been superseded by more user-friendly alternatives, with better features. As a result, subscriptions have declined and we’ve decided to remove them from the market.
What will happen to my BigPond Photos, BigBlog, BigPond and Online Storage after 13 October 2013? You’ll no longer have any access to any files, documents, photos or blog content that you’ve stored on these services.
In the case of BigPond Online Storage, we’ll cease charging for the service. Any monthly subscription you’ve paid in advance will be pro-rated (proportionally adjusted) and credited to your Telstra account.
What do I need to do? Make sure you save a copy of any documents, photos, content or other files stored on these services prior to 13 October 2013.
We recommend you do this at the earliest possible opportunity.
How do I save a copy of my photos, files or blog content?
1. Log in to My BigPond and select Manage BigPond Photos. 2. From the menu choose View and Manage Photos. 3. Click on the album containing the photos you wish to save.
Right click on the image and select Save Picture As and select a location on your computer’s hard drive to save the photo.
4. Repeat for all your photos.
1. Log in to My BigPond and click on your blog URL (web address). 2. To save photos –
Right click on the image and select Save Picture As. Select a location on your computer’s hard drive to save the photo.
3. To save posts and comments from your most recent blog page –
Click on the RSS feed box in the top right hand corner. Your most recent blog page will appear in a new window.
On the feed page drop down menu click on Edit and then Select All.
Right click on the highlighted area and choose Copy.
Open a new blank document in a word processor application (e.g. Microsoft# Word#), then right click and choose Paste.
Save the word processor document to your computer’s hard drive.
To save selected posts and comments, you can copy and paste them individually from your blog into a word processor document.
BigPond Online Storage
If you have the BigPond Online Storage application loaded onto your computer, we suggest you drag and drop or copy and paste the files from your BigPond Online Storage folder to a folder on your computer’s hard drive. Alternatively, if you haven’t loaded the BigPond Online Storage application, you can save your files as follows:
1. Navigate to https://storage.bigpond.com 2. Enter your BigPond username and password. 3. Once you’re at the BigPond Online Storage page, click on My Storage to see individual folders. 4. From your folders, open each file individually, then save it to your computer’s hard drive.
1. (Windows# computers only) From your computer’s file explorer, right click on Computer and select Map Network Drive. 2. Nominate a drive location. 3. In the folder name type https://storage.bigpond.com 4. The folders stored on BigPond Online Storage will now appear on your nominated drive. 5. Copy and paste those folders onto your computer’s hard drive.
What other options do I have for storing my photos, videos, documents, etc? Alternative online storage solutions are available from non-Telstra providers, such as DropBox®, Google Drive® and Microsoft SkyDrive#.
What other options do I have for blogging? Unfortunately, we can’t offer an alternative, but there are many other blogging services available.
I’ve lost or forgotten my BigPond username or password. How do I find out what they are?