Highlighted
Jut78
Level 1: Cadet

190 number scam Themekoo $14.90

I was charged last night $14.90 without pressing on a banner, without being asked may I take money off you etc. just by pressing to go to next page BANG!!! Hi you've subscribed to Themekoo costing you $14.90/month on your next bill. http://au.themekoo.com Optout SMS STOP to 19789118 or 1300363847. May as well walk into my bank and say hi may I take $14.90 from Justin's account pls and the bank saying why of course you can Justin won't mind. This is outrageous. Telstra tell me you must have clicked on a banner etc NO I DIDNT. Now it's not safe to even open up a web page with Telstra. You don't even get asked would you like to subscribe you just get hit with the charge.... I can't believe it is still happening, reading posts from a yr ago people saying that Telstra will fix this and yet their still doing this which to me is just ludicrous. Just want you guys to know

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
3 REPLIES 3
Level 25: The Singularity
Level 25: The Singularity

Re: 190 number scam Themekoo $14.90

6 weeks to go and it will be fixed as Telstra is withdrawing from the 3rd Party Billing service so it won't be able to happen anymore.

There are some shonky companies out there that slip coding into their webpages that catch people out very easily, hence why Telstra has bitten the bullet and is pulling the pin on them. Pity it wasn't done years ago.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
Jut78

Oh ok well thanks for letting me know that I appreciate it. I don't understand how they have got away with it for so long and it's still happening. Few golden handshakes their I suspect. It's left a bad taste in my mouth, I'll be moving to a different provider soon, just not good enough. And thanks again 😉
Jut78

What also goes against the grain is that when you ring them they just talk crap to you. Tell you it's your responsibility what you do on your phone. It's an injustice I believe just shouldn't happen, someone needs to be taken to court. Telstra needs to be shamed over this. A company run by evil greedy people.... Say hello to Karma Telstra cause it's on it's way already

Telstra 24x7®

Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App

Download now