Highlighted
wearyofcraigie
Level 1: Cadet

Annoying telephone calls from Telstra

I would like to know why I have received several telephone calls from Telstra before 6am??

When I have pointed this out to the person calling, they simply laugh and carry on with their conversation.

Perhaps Telstra could invest in some training for their staff in the Phillipines around time zones, and when it is culturally and socially acceptable to place a business telephone call.

wearyofcraigie

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
5 REPLIES 5
Level 25: The Singularity
Level 25: The Singularity

Re: Annoying telephone calls from Telstra

Why were they calling you? Telstra don't tend to cold call. Are you sure it wasn't a scammer?

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
WaynePerth
Level 2: Rookie

i say that its isn't telstra's contacting you since there's a few Phillipines scam artists impersonating telstra reps next time they call ask for thare name thare telstra rep id and than contact telstra to report fraudulent contact harassment
truthsayer
Level 6: Bloodhound

wearyofcraigie they are taking australian jobs, secondly ask them for their name number and ask them to transfer you to complaints laughing at your inconvenience is not acceptable
truthsayer
Level 6: Bloodhound

just said the same also check caller id phone number
Technical Support
Technical Support

Good afternoon @wearyofcraigie

Sorry to hear that, nobody likes an early wake up call if it can be helped (well, I know I don't!).

Most of Telstra would know to check time zones and ensure they are calling within acceptable timeframes before calling out, if this is a genuine Telstra consultant, they may be new and it may be a coaching opportunity for them. If you are free to call through to one of our known Telstra numbers (eg 132000) they can check your account to see if someone has genuinely been trying to contact you.

Was there any purpose to their call? Were they following up on a fault or a call you had previously made to us? If it was a marketing call, there are also options with this in how you would like to be contacted. There are certainly a lot of scam calls doing the rounds at the moment, and still one of the most common is the "Telstra Technical Support" call.

You could also talk to our Unwelcome Calls team and they can assist with blocking specific numbers for you, (if you can see the numbers calling).

Telstra also has a handset available called the Telstra Call Guardian which actively screens callers preventing them from getting through to you without your consent. There is some information on that handset via the below link.

https://www.telstra.com.au/support/category/home-phone/features-settings/how-to-use-block-call-featu...

Hopefully this is of some help.

I am a member of the Telstra Unwelcome Calls Team.
If you would like to contact us please call 1800805996 - 6am til midnight (7 days).

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki
Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Kudo to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Telstra 24x7®

Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App

Download now
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Download now
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now