CrowdSupport®
Highlighted
elninjo
Level 1: Cadet

Game hosting with the Technicolour TG587

Answered

HI all,

I have just changed over to bigpond and have a technicolour TG587n modem/router.

I am able to host a game (crysis) but others cant join. I am getting an ip address of 10.0.0.1 when I run up my dedicated server exe. Also I am using Rcon to administer it and it wont connect to the server unless I tell it the ip is 10.0.0.1 keying in the ip address results in a disconnect timeout.

I have tried port forwarding with no result. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Level 21: Augmented
Accepted Solution

Re: Game hosting with the Technicolour TG587

Hi Elninjo,

Welcome to Crowd Support!..

That is your local IP address and others will not be able to connect to it unless you are in a LAN setting. You will need to use your public IP address and confirm that the ports required are opened via canyouseeme.org.

Alternatively, I recommend installing and using Hamachi, it makes things much easier.
Lathania

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
2 REPLIES 2
Level 21: Augmented
Accepted Solution

Hi Elninjo,

Welcome to Crowd Support!..

That is your local IP address and others will not be able to connect to it unless you are in a LAN setting. You will need to use your public IP address and confirm that the ports required are opened via canyouseeme.org.

Alternatively, I recommend installing and using Hamachi, it makes things much easier.
Lathania

Thanks for the reply Lathania,

I have changed it to a public IP address and a few other changes and it works perfectly in hosting!

Thankyou again

Cheers

Telstra 24x7®

Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App

Download now
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now