How the ‘Kudos’ feature helps CrowdSupport

Kudos is an important feature that’s been enabled on the CrowdSupport Community.  Kudos is CrowdSupport’s way of giving credit to users whose posts are particularly useful, helpful, or beneficial.  For example is if you post a question and another CrowdSupport member replies with a helpful answer - you should give it a Kudos.  Don't be limited to answered questions though - you should give Kudos to posts you agree with or found informative and think deserve recognition.  Kudos are your way of rewarding other users and giving CrowdSupport meaningful feedback. 

As you browse the forums and find a post particularly valuable, click the star to give it a Kudos!

Likewise, you can give Kudos to KB (Knowledge Base) articles that helped solve your problem or were particularly helpful - this helps the Community not only recognize its most valuable contributors, but also allows us to better understand what kinds of articles and information are most valuable to our members.

Here is what the Kudos icon looks like in the forum – it’s a white star on a blue background found to the left of the post, under the user’s name....

Kudos 1.JPG

Once a post has received a Kudos click it will appear like this:

Kudos 5.JPG

If you would like to give a KB article a Kudos, it’s located at the bottom right of the article:

KB Kudos.JPG

If you ever want to refer to the top Kudos authors, you can do this from the main page by clicking on the

‘Top Members Tab’

Kudos 2.JPG

Once you click on the link, all the members who have received Kudos will appear:

kd.JPG

We hope this explanation of the Kudos feature will encourage CrowdSupport members to give recognition to fellow members for their informative contributions.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
11 REPLIES
Level 22: Superhuman

Re: How the ‘Kudos’ feature helps CrowdSupport

Cool, and I'm amazed i'm in the top .

How does the Kudos work?  I've only got 30?  Geezum, I'm going to have to advertise.Smiley LOL

If I've helped in some way, a Kudos would be appreciated.
Any opinions I express or advice I give are purely my own, and don't represent Telstra.

Re: How the ‘Kudos’ feature helps promoting

Try promoting the 'Kudos' in your signature  Smiley Happy 

Ben_F
Community Alumni (Retired)

@Wanglese wrote:

How does the Kudos work?  I've only got 30?  Geezum, I'm going to have to advertise.Smiley LOL

You don't have 30, that screenshot is for the last 30 days, so you have 1 Kudos per 30 days. Since you started here, you have 218 (and I have 1230 Smiley Tongue )

B.

----------------------------

New Users - Click Here!

Level 22: Superhuman

Ahh, the penny drops!Smiley Very Happy

I guess if there was a "most kudoe'd" poster, you would be light out front by miles.Smiley LOL

Of course, it might be a tie between you, DanK and a few others (me included), as to who might be the most complained about.

If I've helped in some way, a Kudos would be appreciated.
Any opinions I express or advice I give are purely my own, and don't represent Telstra.

Elisabeth
Level 4: Private Eye

I don't understand. Okay I'm new here... why don't I see the Kudos numbers under your names - they're on '0'.

I've moderated on various sites over the years with similar, yet different names denoting worth and trust to the community, so why are they not visible.

I would have thought more 'Kudos' visible meant the more trusted you are and the more new members like me would go to a high Kudos member for advice.

One of the nicest Trust names I ever came across was 'Karma' and that was on a Dog lover site.

There is absolutely no point in gaining Kudos then hiding it under a haystack, so no one can find you when they need you. It's all in building a true community spirit... once you get the motor purring, then all you have to do is engage gear and drive carefully.

Lis (prefer it to Elisabeth)

I like people. I really like people, on a barbecue with salad on the side.
I pose more questions than I answer.
I'm an Internet ferret.

Hi Lis and Welcome to CrowdSupport

The zero that you are seeing, indicates that the particular post you are viewing has yet to receive a Kudos.

To view someone's Kudos count, you need to view their profile. You do this by clicking on their name, there you will see thier 'stats' which includes their Kudos count.

You can also see member's Kudos count on the expert page:  Experts

In regards to "I would have thought more 'Kudos' visible meant the more trusted you are and the more new members like me would go to a high Kudos member for advice"  a member's ranking (occasional visitor vs honoured contributor) indicates that the honoured contributor has been here longer and has meet certain criteria such as number of posts and number of Kudos to obtain that rank.

I hope this helps, if you have any further questions or suggestions let us know.

Regards

Deanna 

Elisabeth
Level 4: Private Eye

Thank you Deanna, a great explanation Smiley Happy

I am getting more comfy with the site now as I do a little more exploring. It's really quite an informative site.

Elisabeth.

I like people. I really like people, on a barbecue with salad on the side.
I pose more questions than I answer.
I'm an Internet ferret.

magpie1
Level 3: Gumshoe

I'd Like to give Kudos to Kristine Joy Employee Number D668859 She was Awersome and Very Helpful great Job I so appreciate the Help as I find Technical things very Hard to understand From Magpie1

@Deanna wrote:

Kudos is an important feature that’s been enabled on the CrowdSupport Community.  Kudos is CrowdSupport’s way of giving credit to users whose posts are particularly useful, helpful, or beneficial.  For example is if you post a question and another CrowdSupport member replies with a helpful answer - you should give it a Kudos.  Don't be limited to answered questions though - you should give Kudos to posts you agree with or found informative and think deserve recognition.  Kudos are your way of rewarding other users and giving CrowdSupport meaningful feedback. 

As you browse the forums and find a post particularly valuable, click the star to give it a Kudos!

Likewise, you can give Kudos to KB (Knowledge Base) articles that helped solve your problem or were particularly helpful - this helps the Community not only recognize its most valuable contributors, but also allows us to better understand what kinds of articles and information are most valuable to our members.

Here is what the Kudos icon looks like in the forum – it’s a white star on a blue background found to the left of the post, under the user’s name....

Kudos 1.JPG

Once a post has received a Kudos click it will appear like this:

Kudos 5.JPG

If you would like to give a KB article a Kudos, it’s located at the bottom right of the article:

KB Kudos.JPG

If you ever want to refer to the top Kudos authors, you can do this from the main page by clicking on the

‘Top Members Tab’

Kudos 2.JPG

Once you click on the link, all the members who have received Kudos will appear:

kd.JPG

We hope this explanation of the Kudos feature will encourage CrowdSupport members to give recognition to fellow members for their informative contributions.

Level 20: Director

I've even linked my signature's Kudos icon to this article. How's that for promotion?Smiley LOL Does that deserve a Kudos?Smiley LOL

Yes, I know, this thread is well over two years old but the nature of it's content defies age well by still being very relevant... a bit like me.Smiley LOL 

Kind regards,

Hit the Kudos button if you have found my contribution helpful and please mark Accepted Solutions where applicable.

Other than being a customer, I have no affiliation with Telstra Corporation Limited and all opinions expressed are solely my own which may not necessarily be mirrored or endorsed by the company.

@Tezz   Kudos given-  it took a lot of hard work putting that post together  LOL   Smiley Happy   

Level 20: Director

Thank you @Deanna. You know, I only came across this article last night, after all this time that I've been on here. Smiley Very Happy I was half asleep too, but just HAD to link the icon to something. LOL! I'm going through a "hyperlink phase" at the moment and even linked the Telstra logo to their homepage. LMAO! Smiley Happy Let's hope this passes quickly before I link my pic to a T-Store or something. LOL! Smiley LOL 

Kudos given to you too for your article, and I think I'll give you an additional one for your response. Smiley Happy 

Kind regards,

Hit the Kudos button if you have found my contribution helpful and please mark Accepted Solutions where applicable.

Other than being a customer, I have no affiliation with Telstra Corporation Limited and all opinions expressed are solely my own which may not necessarily be mirrored or endorsed by the company.

Goodbye Excess Data Charges

Hello New Plans.

Find out more