Abby3
Level 2: Rookie

No Telstra cable when it says there is

Answered
Hi,
On the Telstra website it says I can get cable broadband but my house has Optus cable line-in. A technician came and said that we have a electrical wire instead of the telstra cable.
Is there a way for me to get cable...
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Support Team
Support Team
Accepted Solution

Re: No Telstra cable when it says there is

There can be a number of reasons that Cable isn't available on a street where it is normally available, but the biggest one is usually if your house is too far from the street. Other than that normally we would send out a technician who would do the wiring and we'd go from there. -Dylan

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
5 REPLIES 5
Support Team
Support Team

Hi @Abby3,

Sorry to hear you're having trouble getting your Cable service up and running. Normally in these cases if additional work needs to be done it's the technician who comes out who books that in for you. What did the technician say was happening now?

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

Abby3

This happened in January-February. The technician installed a adsl wiring and that’s what I’m using now. I am just confused why does it say that we can get cable broadband on the website but we can’t get it at my address.
Support Team
Support Team
Accepted Solution

There can be a number of reasons that Cable isn't available on a street where it is normally available, but the biggest one is usually if your house is too far from the street. Other than that normally we would send out a technician who would do the wiring and we'd go from there. -Dylan

Abby3

Thanks for the info
Ricky11

And some streets, like mine, don;t have both foxtel and Optus cables, only one.

Telstra 24x7®

Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App

Download now
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Download now
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now