Highlighted
Level 22: Superhuman

People posting their own personal details

Can we get the guidelines (not that some people actually read them)  to include something about not posting personal phone numbers or account numbers, and addresses in public forums?

I know it's common sense, but people see the Logo, and don't think beyond that.

If anyone is interested,  I teach "Internet for Seniors", and none of my graduates ever get that dumb.Smiley Tongue

If I've helped in some way, a Kudos would be appreciated.
Any opinions I express or advice I give are purely my own, and don't represent Telstra.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
2 REPLIES 2
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Re: People posting their own personal details

Thanks Wanglese i will add this info as a feature article later in the week and hopefully the message will get across.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Ben_F
Community Alumni (Retired)

Re: People posting their own personal details

Considering this is being pushed more and more as an official support site, I would wonder if its possible to automatically blank out any series of 10 or 13 digit numbers as a start. Full names and addresses might be hard but eh blocking 10 and 13 digit numbers should fix the issue quick smart Smiley Wink

B.

----------------------------

New Users - Click Here!

Telstra 24x7®

Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App

Download now
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Download now
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now