rsdaus
Level 1: Cadet

Someone has listed my number in their website as their number

A company has listed my mobile number on their website as their own and have not provided any other number to contact them. I keep getting random calls for their company. Telstra says they cannot help. I don’t know what to do as I left a message using their web form. No reply from them. Please help what should I do.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
3 REPLIES
Highlighted
Level 19: Deputy Director
Level 19: Deputy Director

Re: Someone has listed my number in their website as their number

I'm wondering if it may help to contact the police. It is possible they are running some sort of scam. Especially since they did not reply to your web form. Other than that maybe get a different SIM, if you don't face a lot of inconvenience from losing that mobile number.
Bearded1
Level 1: Cadet

Can you look up the companies name to get their business address ?? They or whomever entered it, probably inserted a wrong digit in their number. I have heard of this happening before. Good luck .
Level 21: Augmented

This could be

• an innocent mistake (typing error),
  • attempted fraud, or
  • reused phone number.

How long have you had your number? If the company folded (and did not remove the web) their number could have been after certain period reused and you may just be an unlucky victim...

I don't think police is going to do anything about it unless you can persuade them that it is fraudulent use, which may not be easy...

I am sorry, but I do not have a better advice than this...

DISCLAIMER: I do not work for Telstra or any other ISP. I never did. I have wealth of practical knowledge in Computer Security and Forensic Computing. I have been in the field since 1985.

Likes (formerly Kudos) and solutions are appreciated!!!
The comments expressed by me reflect my user experience and personal opinion.

Goodbye Excess Data Charges

Hello New Plans.

Find out more