Highlighted
Katee_mac
Level 1: Cadet

Telstra question

Hi,

Just a couple of questions. I was wanting to know if Telstra have any mobile phone stores currently located in any country other than Australia? If they do where and if they do not is this something they are looking at in the near future?

Also is the only Telstra branded phone currently on offer the ZTE brand?

And finally do you by any chance know of a rough firgure as to the financial impact Telstra have faced due to the Note 7 handset recall? Or any previous handset recal/failure cost?

Thanks

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
1 REPLY 1
Pryza
Level 7: Deputy Inspector

Re: Telstra question

Hi @Katee_mac,

Definitely some interesting questions there.

To my knowledge no - Telstra does not have any mobile phone stores currently located in any other country other than Australia. This is because they do not have any signed agreements with other service providers off shore to be able to utilise their networks and on-sell to customers. They do have Telstra Global but this is not a Retail arm of the business.

ZTE to my knowledge as well is Telstra's partner for mobility products and provides all mobiles that are Telstra branded. I do not believe they have others.

The financial impact would have been mitigated by reimbursement from Samsung to cover the cost of the devices, and as customers would have been given other options. Whilst there would have been a financial impact I do not believe it to be incredibly large as stock would have been credited and recouped. Unfortunately I can not provide a figure.
Although I am an ex-Telstra employee, all answers I provide are of my own opinion and knowledge.

Telstra 24x7®

Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App

Download now
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Download now
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now