CrowdSupport®
Level 22: Superhuman

"Who Called Me" app to stop phone spammers and SMS spam /scammers

Most people probably know about  Reverse Australia  http://www.reverseaustralia.com/

A definite great place to go to check scammers/telemarketers etc.  Not always up to date, but it's community driven, so it needs people to report new occurences.

So,  they have an app in the playstore, and I think a similar one for iPhones.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.reverseaustralia.android.whocalledme&hl=en

I've been mucking around with it over the past few days, haven't had any spam or scamming sms messages, but I've been imprressed, because today a legitimate sms came up from a company who is NOT in my contacts list, and it reported it, seleting the sms took me to the Reverse Australia website, and I could see it was legitimate.

It's configurable to your own requirements, and very easy to understand and setup.

whocalledme2.pngwhocalledme1.png

whocalledme3.pngwhocalledme4.png

If I've helped in some way, a Kudos would be appreciated.
Any opinions I express or advice I give are purely my own, and don't represent Telstra.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
4 REPLIES 4
Level 20: Director

Re: "Who Called Me" app to stop phone spammers and SMS spam /scammers

I still think not answering the phone is the best method. It works for me. Smiley LOL

Level 21: Augmented

That's cool, I use trucaller but this might be a better solution
Level 20: Director

They have been around for a long time as did buy a reverse lookup cd rom off them before they became illegal. Smiley LOL

telstraex
Level 1: Cadet

Its a great app, but there is one number blocked automatically that I ned to unblock - do you know how to do that?

The Unblock feature is vague and doesnt seem to work.

Telstra 24x7®

Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App

Download now
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now