Where customers answer questions and share ideas about our products and services

Community Manager

2017 Sports Pass Offer FAQ

[ Edited ]

What is the 2017 Sports Pass Offer? 

Eligible Telstra customers can access a 2017 Season Pass to AFL Live Pass, NRL Live Pass and Netball Live Pass included as part of their mobile plan or when they maintain a +$30 recharge.

Am I eligible for the offer?

Customers are eligible if they are on a consumer or small business Telstra post-paid mobile plan, a Telstra consumer mobile broadband plan with a tablet or pre-paid service when they maintain a +$30 recharge. Customers need a compatible mobile or tablet.

How do I redeem the offer?

• Download or update the 2017 AFL Live Official app, NRL Official app or Netball Live Official app from the App Store or Google Play. Data fees apply to download the app.
  • Upon opening the app, follow the prompts and you will be presented with a splash screen with below
    AFL: click 'Free for Telstra Mobile customers' button
    NRL: click ‘I'm a Telstra mobile customer' button
    Netball Live: click ‘I'm a Telstra mobile customer' button
  • If Telstra detects you are a Telstra mobile customer*, you will be shown a ‘congratulations’ screen letting you know that you now have access
  • Start watching!

*If we cannot detect you are a Telstra mobile customer, you may be on Wi-Fi, we will ask you to turn off your Wi-Fi or login using your Telstra ID.

Note: Please ensure your mobile browser has private mode switched off in order for Telstra to detect your mobile network.

Can I redeem the offer on my Windows Phone device?
No, the 2017 Sports Pass Offer can only be redeemed via the Official Apps on Android & iOS Devices. If you're a Telstra Mobile customer using a Windows Phone & need a hand to redeem the offer, please post & let us know here.

Note: The Netball Live Official App is not available on Windows Phone devices. 

Can I use my redeemed 2017 Sports Pass Offer on another device or access online via website?
The ability to access the redeemed subscription on another device or website is not currently available.
It is coming prior to the premiership season starting. We'll share more information when available.

Note: Netball Live streaming will only available through the Netball Live Official App

I took up the 2016 Footy Pass, am I eligible for the 2017 offer?

Yes, 2016 Footy Pass customers are eligible for the 2017 offer if they are still an eligible Telstra mobile customer.

Do I have to pay for data?

Standard data charges apply when downloading apps. Video data usage is currently unmetered only for certain Telstra customers in respect of supported devices within Australia when on the Telstra mobile network.

Will I be billed for the 2017 Sports Offer?

This Season Passes are included in your Telstra plan. You will not see this appear on your bill.

When does the offer expire?

Redeem the Season Pass offer by 31 December 2017 using your compatible Telstra mobile or tablet on the Telstra mobile network. The Season Pass expires 31 January 2018.

What happens to my subscription in the 2018 season?

You will not be rolled onto a paid subscription.

What will happen to my paid subscription if I take up the offer?

If you signed up via AFL.com or NRL.com
If you redeem the 2017 AFL & NRL offer and you have already signed up for a paid subscription online, you will need to login and cancel your subscription via the website:

AFL: https://id.afl.com.au/livepass NRL: https://digitalpass.nrl.com/

If you signed up to an in app purchase within the AFL , NRL or Netball Apps
If you redeem the 2017 AFL & NRL offer and you have already signed-up for a paid subscription through the App Store or Google Play, you will still need to cancel your subscription via the relevant app store. iOS App store or Google Play

What happens to my Club membership?

You will need to contact your Club to discuss details of your Club membership.

If you need a further hand or have any questions, please post here

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today
Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Kudo to the member(s) who helped you out

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines