Rhino33
Level 1: Cadet

Has anyone setup a Telstra T-Box with a Telstra TV

With the immenent demise of a number of T-Box functions I am looking at running my soon to be delivered Telstra TV with the T-Box to get the best of both worlds - easy multiple recording capability and long pausing on the T-Box together with catch up services for all new networks, BigPond movies and the various streaming services on the Telstra TV unit.

How would I connect the aerial to both, via a special splitter? And I'm guessing setting up seperate input connections and configurations to a 2013 vintage but still great Panasonic Plasma .

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
5 REPLIES
Level 24: Supreme Being

Re: Has anyone setup a Telstra T-Box with a Telstra TV

As long as your TV has inputs to connect both, and you have an antenna splitter, you should have no problems.
Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
RLB46
Level 6: Bloodhound

I used an aerial splitter and it works well and simple to do.

Rhino33
Level 1: Cadet

Thank you for your replies.
Am I also right in my belief that because digital aerials are powered there is no discernible deterioration in the signal when an aerial splitter is used

Digital antennas are not powered. They are pretty much the same as the antennas that were used 30+ years ago.
Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
_Mark
Level 4: Private Eye

It depends on your set-up and the signal quality you receive. I've split my feed a couple of times and have no issues, but if you have poor reception then splitting the signal is only going to make it worse and you might find that you had OK signal before you split the signal, but not afterwards.