bec_t
Level 6: Bloodhound

How do I access Telstra's 6 months free PRESTO on Tbox?

Answered

Just wondering if anyone knows how to access the 6 month free Presto offer Telstra are offering as of 23rd March 2015?   http://exchange.telstra.com.au/2015/03/23/6-months-free-presto-with-t-box/

The offer states 'If you’re a T-Box owner, all you need to do is visit channel 911 for information on how to redeem the offer' which I have done and cant see anything for any Presto on chanel 911. Any help would be appreciated! Thanks :-)

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Level 22: Superhuman
Accepted Solution

Re: How do I access Telstra's 6 months free PRESTO on Tbox?

Don't take the step until we get confirmation, but I doubt I will be left out to dry,Smiley Very Happy

I took the risk so others don't have to.....

I THINK the promo code can be entered into your account details, and I've already asked for confirmation both by Presto and Telstra.:

promopresto.png

UPDATE:

Now that Channel 911 has been updated, I simply took the code, went to my Presto account and under my subscription settings (a bit confusing- DON'T look for it under your community profile, go to the extreme top right of the webpage, and pause for the dropdown:

Promopresto4.png

Go to your ccount details, then enter the promo code. You will be asked for your PIN.

Enter that, and get 6 months free!

promopresto2.png

AND YES, the T-Box is ONE DEVICE, so go ahead and register your tablet or other device.

If I've helped in some way, a Kudos would be appreciated.
Any opinions I express or advice I give are purely my own, and don't represent Telstra.

Level 23: Superhero
Accepted Solution

UPDATE:

Page 911 on your Tbox is now up and running and contains the promo code needed to be entered to obtain you free 6 months of Presto on T-box.

Code.jpg

Signature.gif

If I have provided an answer, or posed a question that helps or interests you, your KUDOS vote would be appreciated Image and video hosting by TinyPic
If I or anyone has provided a solution, you'll help others if you mark our answer as the Solution The Ghoust Writers: STUDYING ABROAD

NB: I am NOT a Telstra employee, just another customer like you.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
72 REPLIES 72
mpekin
Level 3: Gumshoe

I have already done an online chat with a telstra consultant and they don't even know this deal exists

Hi Guys, you're right, I've just checked out 911 and nothing there.

Maybe it's going to be up later in the day, but never the less I have flagged this thread directly with Telstra staff for them to take a look and advise what's happening.

Signature.gif

If I have provided an answer, or posed a question that helps or interests you, your KUDOS vote would be appreciated Image and video hosting by TinyPic
If I or anyone has provided a solution, you'll help others if you mark our answer as the Solution The Ghoust Writers: STUDYING ABROAD

olfella
Level 4: Private Eye

Now why would that be a surprise?

On the Telstra Exchange post they do state that they are aware of the issue with 911 and are investigating it now.
If you've found a solution then don't forget to mark that post accordingly.
If you think I've been of assistance to you please remember to let me know by clicking on the LIKE button.

Please note: I am not a Telstra employee and any posts or opinions are entirely my own and don't reflect any official company position.

@Kalak wrote:
On the Telstra Exchange post they do state that they are aware of the issue with 911 and are investigating it now.

That information certainly was not there a lttle earlier!!!!!!

Signature.gif

I'm going to jump in as soon as they fix it up (not a good look at the moment)

I just checked my Sony Blu-Ray player, and it has been updated to recieve Netflix, and it has 2 options:

1: Register interest by putting in name and email adddress

2: Sign in.

My guess is that as soon as you can register, you should merely have to sign in on your device.

Hope the T-Box Presto is as simple.

I bet as soon as all this starts, it's going to be a mad rush, and there will be time outs and screams of complaints.

Smiley Tongue

Any opinions I express or advice I give are purely my own, and don't represent Telstra.

bec_t

Kalak wrote:

DEANJA wrote:

That information certainly was not there a lttle earlier!!!!!!

I agree, the issue statement on the post was not there this morning - but now it has been brought to their attention the issue might gets fixed sooner rather than later, fingers crossed!!  Smiley Happy

@Wanglese wrote:

I'm going to jump in as soon as they fix it up (not a good look at the moment)

I just checked my Sony Blu-Ray player, and it has been updated to recieve Netflix, and it has 2 options:

1: Register interest by putting in name and email adddress

2: Sign in.

My guess is that as soon as you can register, you should merely have to sign in on your device.

Hope the T-Box Presto is as simple.

I bet as soon as all this starts, it's going to be a mad rush, and there will be time outs and screams of complaints.

Smiley Tongue

I can also confirm that our Sony Smart TV has Netflix showing up in the apps and our Sony Blue Ray player the same. To sign in you have to register your email address and jump through a couple of hoops, same as on their website.

Signature.gif

Jeff-G

What resolution is Presto?

And also note:
You can view Presto on up to 4 separate compatible devices and stream up to 2 different titles simultaneously*.
So really 2 streams Smiley Happy

Pricing might need to be adjusted to match competitors.

@Jeff-G wrote:
What resolution is Presto?

And also note:
You can view Presto on up to 4 separate compatible devices and stream up to 2 different titles simultaneously*.
So really 2 streams Smiley Happy

Pricing might need to be adjusted to match competitors.

Hey @Jeff-G   It's all SD from Presto at the moment.  I beleive they are planning HD in the near future (don't quote me)

It will be interesting to see if you can use 2 T-Boxes for Presto........

It's a great idea to try and get people embedded with Presto, especially if it easily integrates into the T-Box. People have been wanting more on-demand content.

Personally for me with Netflix being unmetered with my ISP (iiNet) and being available on my set-top-box (FetchTV) I think I'll not be going with Presto. I did try them, and Stan, but I suspect Netflix will be the one for me.
If you think I've been of assistance to you please remember to let me know by clicking on the LIKE button.

Please note: I am not a Telstra employee and any posts or opinions are entirely my own and don't reflect any official company position.

I think that if the costs are kept to the current level, people will subscribe to more than one if the sum of the parts works.

I will be trying both out, as Netflix has some exclusive content, and to be honest, if it's readily available in Australia, I think we may see a drop in 'Piracy"  (there will always be those who want everything for free, of course)

Also from here:

http://exchange.telstra.com.au/2015/03/23/6-months-free-presto-with-t-box/

"

If you’re a T-Box owner, all you need to do is visit channel 911 for information on how to redeem the offer. Editors note: unfortunately some users are commenting that there is no information on channel 911. Thanks for letting us know, we are currently investigating the issue and will update shortly.

You need to activate by 11:59pm AEST on 30 June 2015 and ongoing monthly subscription fees for the Presto Entertainment Package (my bolding) apply after 6 months unless you cancel earlier. A Telstra home broadband internet connection with minimum speed of 3Mbps is required.

And don’t forget, accessing Presto on your T-Box via Telstra fixed home broadband is unmetered, so watching all the TV and movies you can handle won’t affect your monthly data allowance."

It sort of suggests to me that it should be coming in the same way we normally subscribe to Foxtel on T-Box.  I would hope..

So I went to the T-Box registration page, and there's nothing there about it, so I wait with baited breath to see how this is going to be done.

Jeff-G

Are they pushed into these press releases???

Why state you are releasing something and then don't give any options or information for your subscribers to get access.

My guess is there is a sense of urgency because Netflix is less than 24 hours away.

The IQ3 box has been in development for some time, and I think the deadline was set by Netflix.

Similarly, Presto on T-Box.

Somehow the ducks were not all in a row today.Smiley Surprised

I agree with Wanglese.

They released the info on Presto being unmetered when iiNet and Optus released details of Netflix being unmetered for their customers.

Now with Netflix about to launch, and be available to FetchTV subscribers (iiNet, Optus and Dodo) via the set top box (and many other options like Chromecast & Roku), it was time to release an offering on the T-Box to try and match it.

Optus has also offered up to 6 months free Netflix, so Telstra offer 6 months free Presto.

Sadly they have been followers on every step of the streaming path so far.

They needed to get the release out there, and were probably expecting the appropriate teams to be ready to 'go live' today as well but that hasn't happened.

bec_t

UPDATE according to the exchange reply posts from the editor they are expecting Presto to be up and running on the Tbox tomorrow - Can't wait to jump at the 6 month free trial on the Tbox it'll be great to watch it on the big screen finally after 3 months of failed attempts to stream Presto on the chromecast via my mac!! It'll be even better if they allow streaming on both our Tboxs so the kids can watch presto movies too Smiley Happy

Hopefully each T-Box will count as a single device. This would allow 2 T-Box for those with them as well as other devices such as iPad while allowing, as you say Bec_t, the ability for parent to watch on one box, while kids watch on another.

Hopefully, it will be a single device for each T-Box.  This will then get around the issue we have always had of not being able to register 2 T-Boxes for Foxtel.

As an aside,  I think the panic was obvious.  I cannot see how they didn't have a quiet trial release of this over the weekend if it was this urgent.

Right now a few people have egg on their faces, and there was no need for it. It would have been better to have delayed the upgrade to Presto on T Box for up to a week, and have it go without a hitch.

The "catch up" issue was always going to be there, as I have no doubt whatsoever that this whole thing has always been about reacting to Netflix etc and hoping it was all going to go away.

Fox only dropped the price because the monopoly was about to disappear.

A second thing that grates is that Telstra customers have to wait till April before they get the Foxtel IQ3 box (this may be a Good Thing if the release is not 100%). Of course, this might be due to legal requirements, so not much anyone can do about it.

Which brings me to another point. 

Why are Foxtel on T-Box subscribers still paying a premium, when Foxtel subscribers are now paying $25.00 for a lot more?

"PRESTO" is now up and running on the T-Box.

You can access "Presto" via your T-Box Menu (it's a stand alone Menu Button - between Catch Up Tv and My Recordings) , create and account and get 6 months free streaming of Movies TV shows etc.

Details are here: http://exchange.telstra.com.au/2015/03/23/6-months-free-presto-with-t-box/

Signature.gif

Yep. Signed up.

Step 1:  SETUP A PRESTO ACCOUNT AT http://presto.com.au/Telstra

go through all of the process.  There's no promo code as far as I can see, so I just signed up and put my credit card details in (would have preferred it if I could merely pay on my Telstra bill)

Step 2: log i on the T-Box.

Enjoy.

I note that the 911 page is STILL NOT UPDATED.

BTW, I subscribed to Netflix overnight a bit after midnight.  Painless,  and there is content I want from there.

The Sony Blu-Ray player does it beautifully.

Now there will be arguments with the kids about what to watch.

Level 20: Director

You've basically jumped in and possibly don't have the free 6 months? Telstra have intimated there is a process to redeem the 6 month offer, so they will need to confirm the process before this little black duck signs up.
Cheers!

Accepted Solution

Don't take the step until we get confirmation, but I doubt I will be left out to dry,Smiley Very Happy

I took the risk so others don't have to.....

I THINK the promo code can be entered into your account details, and I've already asked for confirmation both by Presto and Telstra.:

promopresto.png

UPDATE:

Now that Channel 911 has been updated, I simply took the code, went to my Presto account and under my subscription settings (a bit confusing- DON'T look for it under your community profile, go to the extreme top right of the webpage, and pause for the dropdown:

Promopresto4.png

Go to your ccount details, then enter the promo code. You will be asked for your PIN.

Enter that, and get 6 months free!

promopresto2.png

AND YES, the T-Box is ONE DEVICE, so go ahead and register your tablet or other device.

Accepted Solution

UPDATE:

Page 911 on your Tbox is now up and running and contains the promo code needed to be entered to obtain you free 6 months of Presto on T-box.

Code.jpg

Signature.gif

Jeff-G

So for the guys that have signed up... What is the quality like? is it even realistic to offer a service in SD in 2015?

Taken from their community website:
"30-12-2014 02:03 PM
Big screen, hi-def capable devices are clearly a key driver for the need for HD quality content on Presto. We've been hearing the feedback loud and clear, and as a result, have this on our roadmap (alongside TV content and additional devices!) for the new year."

"Funny thing is that SD (low) and SD (high) on STAN is so much better than Presto. What bit rate is being used?"
" 2 weeks ago:
Thanks so much for your response. We, like many of you, are really keen to begin HD content and offer better quality for our customers.
The streaming bit rate differs between customers and depends on your own internet speed."

Can anyone find their Roadmap.... 1 year is along time to wait for HD streaming.
bec_t

Presto is not accepting the promo code from page 911 for my account - Oh dear I hope I havn't mucked things up by entering my exsisiting Preso account onto my T Boxes, I have no idea how to access the 6 month free trial if this is the case Smiley Sad *help*

Bec.jpg

Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hi bec_t, 

I believe that the promo code is case sensitive, can you try it again exactly as it say?

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Hey @Jeff-G Quality here is fine, my son is watching Wentworth, and I cannot get the remote from him. It's SD, but the streaming quality is good. I'll want to test the SD on a Science Fiction movie, which I will do later. I know Presto is looking at HD streaming, and to be honest, I think they focused more on the tablet and iPad experience, then Chromecast came along, and people are starting to notice. I can say this. No buffering problems at all, the sound is fine, and comes out of all the speakers (have to wait for the aforementioned Science Fiction movie for me to give it a good test) I will say that Marco Polo on Netflix was like watching a Blu-Ray version, and the Frozen Planet documentary I watched for a bit were simply incredible. Obviously, our preferences will be for HD where available.

bec_t

Thanks Esther, I tried again with no luck but called the T Box 1800 502 502 number and found out I needed to sign up from fresh using my bigpond email and not my previous Presto account. This time it worked Yay!! Smiley Very Happy

I seem to get stuck in the account set-up once I put the promo code in. It comes up as the code has been applied successfully to the Presto Entertainment, but everything is now greyed out and the Next button has disappeared. Not sure what to do now?

EDIT: seems to be a display/browser issue - seems the next button is pushed down behind the next section and is inaccessible. Poor website design. Using Safari on a mac BTW.

EDIT 2: Sorted. Had to go fire up my PC and use Firefox.

Cheers!

smadge1
Level 10: Junior Detective

Just so you know, you can't ever use more than one promo code per account, so if you've used a 30-day one, you are out of luck.  Presto's only work-around is to cancel your account, and sign up under a new email address.

Presto's only work around for when things go wrong is to cancel your account and sign up with another email address

I've had to do this 3 times now, it's wearing thin.

So anyway, now that Telstra have given me an extra 300GB on my cable plan, and 6-months of free, unmetered Presto, I feel a Netflix coming on too!!

tonyfield
Level 1: Cadet

I tried to find the code too but its not on 911, any suggestions?

Hi Tony, it would appear that there is some back-end maintenance going on with the T-Box system at the moment. Whilst they say that it should have been completed yesterday morning, it would appear that it's still in play, and until that is completed registrations, credit card rentals etc. can't be accessed or completed I'm afraid.

Signature.gif

tonyfield

I spoke with a telsta on line operator and he gave me a number to SMS saying that the presto code would be sent back to me but to no avail I haven't heard back from them. Smiley Sad

You get the code from channel 911 on your T-Box.

As I said previously Tony unfortunately that haven't finished or haven't switched the preseto thread back on on the T-Box.

I'd suggest that you go directly to Preseto Community. There you will be able access their support team directly: https://community.presto.com.au/

Signature.gif

The details are showing on my T-Box right now under channel 911 (T-Box Help) News tab.

If not displaying for you, try a restart or a full power down and wait 30 seconds, and power back up.

Note, the promo code must come from the T-Box Help page (News tab). They will not "give out" the code to people. This is to make sure only legit T-Box customers (with current Telstra broadband account) get access to the 6 months free offer.

Cheers!

Must have just come back up it wasn't there earlier when i checked., that's good to hear.

Tony you should be able to get what you need now. I'll switch over and take a look.

Signature.gif

charlottehulme1

Where do you find the promo code?

The promo code is listed on the T-Box Help page (channel 911). Scroll down on the News tab, you'll see the article listed, including the promo code.

Cheers!

Cloe

Hi just wondering wHat the promo code is ?
Cheers
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hi Cloe

I've sent you a PM that should help you out 

Kind Regards

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

evilbeagle

Hi,

I've just ordered my T-box with 6 months free Presto. The customer consultant was unaware of a code, but I'm just trying to sign up to presto and it requires a code. Could a moderator assist at all?

Support Team
Support Team

Hi evilbeagle, 

If you go to channel 911 on your T-Box you will find the information that you need Smiley Happy

evilbeagle

Great, thanks Ashley

MoiraH

Thanks for posting that visual  help made a big difference

Only thing i notice your account says Active   - Mine says deleted so won't let me access to enable me to add promo code   -     I had tried unsubscribing  the account first  - thinking that would be the easiest option  - and when reregistering says i already have an account   ??

@MoiraH wrote:

Thanks for posting that visual  help made a big difference

Only thing i notice your account says Active   - Mine says deleted so won't let me access to enable me to add promo code   -     I had tried unsubscribing  the account first  - thinking that would be the easiest option  - and when reregistering says i already have an account   ??

Forget the old account and create a fresh one. The promo code needs to be added when creating the account.

Cheers!

Brijey

Hey there. Do you have to have a TBox? The offer seems to digest anyone can get free presto for 6 months on a new 24 months galaxy 6 contract. I contacted the help desk and was given a number to text but haven't heard anything back. I recontracted over a week ago and sent the SMS over 48 hours ago. Was told it would only take 36-48 hours
Support Team
Support Team

Hi Brijey,

Sorry to hear that the SMS has not been able to reach you for the mobile contract offer Smiley Sad

Possible to contact Presto directly via email: support@presto.com.au

Goodbye Excess Data Charges

Hello New Plans.

Find out more