Highlighted
strangetiger
Level 3: Gumshoe

Problem playing recordings from USB on T-Box

Answered

Hi everyone,

Last week I was sent a 32GB USB with recordings of a couple of TV episodes I missed earlier in the year which had been exported from my parents' TBox. Before the export, the USB was reformatted on their TBox, and then had the shows exported across each episode at a time.

As I have the same generation of TBox as my parents, I thought this would be pretty easy and all I would have to do is plug the USB into my TBox and, voila! I should be able to catch up on these shows. Wishful thinking. Cat Sad

My TBox recognised the recordings, and showed them all in the My Recordings section under the USB, but when I press play to watch, all I have is the blue TBox screen but the time counter is progressing as if the show is baing played. I also tried to play from My Media, but same issue.

After reading some older posts here about similar issues, I copied the USB (almost the entire 32GB) to my MacBook Pro desktop, then put the USB back into the TBox and formatted it again (thereby deleting everything) and then went back to the MacBook and copied the file ('netgem') across the USB again. Went back to the TBox with USB when all files newly copied across, and...still not working...Cat Mad

A few points:

- I did not change any file names or structures when copying the USB to the MacBook and back to the USB

- the preview screen shots for the programs are there, but unlike in the normal My Recordings items, it does not play a preview of the show

- these shows were not originally recorded by my parents under 'series record' but were individually recorded at the time of broadcast

- I have tried putting the TBox into Sleep Mode a number of times in the hope this might help, but no luck yet!

Anyone have any ideas how I can access these recordings? I have the rest of each of these series recorded onto my TBox but I don't want to watch these newer episodes before watching the episodes I missed ages ago!

Any help is vey gratefully appreciated Cat Very Happy

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Level 23: Superhero
Accepted Solution

Re: Problem playing recordings from USB on T-Box

There's good news and bad news I'm afraid.

The good news is that you should still be able to view them on your parents Tbox.

The bad news is that recordingss can ONLY be viewed on the orginating Tbox, your parents. Files are not inter-changable from one Tbox to another. They carry unique security coding so they are not portable.

Edit added: This from the Tbox users manual:

Recordings saved on a USB device can only be played back via a T-Box that is

registered to the same BigPond account as the T-Box from which the recordings

were originally made.

If I have provided an answer, or posed a question that helps or interests you, your KUDOS vote would be appreciated Image and video hosting by TinyPic
If I or anyone has provided a solution, you'll help others if you mark our answer as the Solution The Ghoust Writers: STUDYING ABROAD

NB: I am NOT a Telstra employee, just another customer like you.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
2 REPLIES 2
Level 23: Superhero
Accepted Solution

There's good news and bad news I'm afraid.

The good news is that you should still be able to view them on your parents Tbox.

The bad news is that recordingss can ONLY be viewed on the orginating Tbox, your parents. Files are not inter-changable from one Tbox to another. They carry unique security coding so they are not portable.

Edit added: This from the Tbox users manual:

Recordings saved on a USB device can only be played back via a T-Box that is

registered to the same BigPond account as the T-Box from which the recordings

were originally made.

If I have provided an answer, or posed a question that helps or interests you, your KUDOS vote would be appreciated Image and video hosting by TinyPic
If I or anyone has provided a solution, you'll help others if you mark our answer as the Solution The Ghoust Writers: STUDYING ABROAD

NB: I am NOT a Telstra employee, just another customer like you.
strangetiger
Level 3: Gumshoe

Thanks Jeff - it is indeed a mixed blessing! I will have to wait until I next go to my parents' place to watch these then.

Thanks so mch for clarifying it all - I must have missed the all important section you quoted from the TBox manual when I was looking for an explanation (d'oh!). Cat Embarassed

Cheers! Cat Very Happy

Telstra 24x7®

Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App

Download now
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Download now
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now