CrowdSupport®
vK-2
Level 3: Gumshoe

Set up a Telstra T-Box

I recently purchased a Telstra T-Box.

I can't get past the setup screen. I follow the instructions.

How can I tell if the remote is working?

I tried the Android app but the box is connected via ethernet not wi-fi.

Help! Smiley Very Happy

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
7 REPLIES 7
Level 25: The Singularity
Level 25: The Singularity

Re: Set up a Telstra T-Box

A T-Box (which is a very obsolete product and is about 20cmx20cmx5cm), or a Telstra TV (which sits in the palm of your hand)?

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
vK-2

@Jupiter wrote:

A T-Box (which is a very obsolete product and is about 20cmx20cmx5cm), or a Telstra TV (which sits in the palm of your hand)?

I'm talking about a T-Box. I know it is no longer supported by Telstra but it looks

like it could be a useful device.

Level 24: Supreme Being

As the device is completely discontinued and no longer supported all of the servers for the device have been deactivated - including registration. 

It may get the final update, if it is connected to the internet, which will allow usage of the STB functionality, but it is unconfirmed if the upgrade server is still available either.

Helpful Links

Internet not working or outage in your area? - Check the Outage page for details and troubleshooting.
Help with an account issue? - LiveChat 24x7 support
View Usage, Bills and more - Check it out on MyAccount

Previously worked with a Telstra Partner however I am not a Telstra Employee, just a fellow customer helping when I can.

vK-2

@DrQ wrote:

As the device is completely discontinued and no longer supported all of the servers for the device have been deactivated - including registration. 

It may get the final update, if it is connected to the internet, which will allow usage of the STB functionality, but it is unconfirmed if the upgrade server is still available either.

Does that mean it can't be used as a FTA recorder?

It says

Set Up

Welcome

Before we start the set up process

you need to pair your remote control

with your T-Box

Then it gives step 1 and step 2

pressing certain keys on the remote

Is the LED on the remote supposed to come on

when a button is pressed?

With the initial software it wouldn’t allow you to do anything until you had completed the registration, which won’t be able to happen as the registration portal no longer exists.

It has been some time since I have used a tbox remote but I don’t recall them lighting up when buttons are pushed.

If you can get it to the point of it being able to connect to the internet, it may update overnight (it needs to be plugged in and turned on/sleep and have access to net overnight to update) and then would be able to be used as a basic STB recorder.
Helpful Links

Internet not working or outage in your area? - Check the Outage page for details and troubleshooting.
Help with an account issue? - LiveChat 24x7 support
View Usage, Bills and more - Check it out on MyAccount

Previously worked with a Telstra Partner however I am not a Telstra Employee, just a fellow customer helping when I can.

vK-2

Thanks. I'll try leaving it on connected via ethernet.

Highlighted
vK-2

@vK-2 wrote:

Thanks. I'll try leaving it on connected via ethernet.

Previously worked as a Telstra Employee as an exchange tech.

Telstra 24x7®

Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App

Download now
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now