CrowdSupport®
peacetrish
Level 2: Rookie

T-Box EPG (Program Guide) issue

Answered

When I try to access the Program Guide from my T-Box now, it won’t come up, even though it says in the T-Box Exit blurb that the guide would still be accessible. This means my scheduled recordings did not happen for the last two weeks, which I am NOT very happy about. I have had to reset them using the time provision which is non-intuitive and therefore more difficult.

Why is the program guide no longer working??
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
peacetrish
Accepted Solution

Re: T-Box EPG (Program Guide) issue

Hi. I did the hard reset but no change. Then I reconnected the aerial and eureka! I've retuned it and now have all the channels and the EPG. Thanks for your help.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
4 REPLIES 4
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hi peacetrish,

According to this article the EPG should still work, but only on a limited basis.  

Can I get you to try resetting the EPG, to see if this fixes the issue?

To  reset the EPG: 

1. Select Settings from the T-Box Menu.
  2. Select the T-Box Information tab.
  3. Select Reset Options.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

peacetrish

I did all that but now I can't find any channels either automatically or by manual tuning. So I can't watch TV through the box or record anything at all!

Highlighted
Support Team
Support Team

Hi peacetrish, 

Have you been able to perform a hard reset on the T-Box? 

Can find details here: How To Troubleshoot or Reset T-Box

"To perform a factory reset hold the reset button on the bottom of the T-Box for around 15 seconds, the light on the front of the T-Box should flash 3 times and you will be returned to the welcome screen. You will then be prompted to begin the setup again."

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

peacetrish
Accepted Solution

Hi. I did the hard reset but no change. Then I reconnected the aerial and eureka! I've retuned it and now have all the channels and the EPG. Thanks for your help.

Telstra 24x7®

Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App

Download now
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now